The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

We've seen this all before, all the requests for a top notch manager and many a name banded about, whenever there's a managerial serach, but it always turns out to be someone underwhelming, or us taking a chance on someone, and so it will be the same on this occasion too. It's just way it is and why we will go around and around in circles.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Little baffled to why Fonseca has been getting linked to so many top jobs. 

He got sacked by Roma and there is prolly a reason to that. 

How many managers of top flight clubs haven't been sacked. Chelsea sacked Conte. Liverpool sacked Rogers. PSG sacked Tuchel, Spurs sacked Poch. Would u take any of those as Villa manager?

So is it looking like Gerrard?

hasn’t he been decently cutting his teeth up north managing?

I don’t think I hate the idea of Gerrard, if he can prove he could be true Claret and Blue.

obviously bummed for Smith.

1 minute ago, HolteExile said:

Purslow seems to be more highly thought of by Chelsea than the Redscouse. 

Purslow was at Chelsea to improve Chelsea, he was at Liverpool to sell the club. I can understand why Liverpool would not like him but if they could understand the big picture they should be putting a Purslow statue outside Anfield

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

How many managers of top flight clubs haven't been sacked. Chelsea sacked Conte. Liverpool sacked Rogers. PSG sacked Tuchel, Spurs sacked Poch. Would u take any of those as Villa manager?

Villa sacked Smith

Why don't we at least approach Unai Emery out of interest?

I mean he was about to jack in managing a CL club to take over at team currently bottom of the league before changing his mind last minute.

I know he'd have 200 billion to spend at Newcastle but we also spend a fair amount each summer now and we're more advanced than Newcastle with a better (underperforming squad).

He wants another crack in premier league given he was written off at Arsenal so has point to prove. And we want to play in europa league in near future and he's expert at winning it, won it 4 times in 8 years and also got Arsenal to final the season he was there. Other seasons he was managing PSG in CL.

Of course he has flaws as Arsenal weren't always convincing under him but if you're looking for reasonably high profile and proven trophy manager who could be tempted then I'd say he's a good option, Newcastle obviously thought so.

Only issue is perhaps we'd have to wait until December as Villareal still have two CL games to play and not sure that's the plan to wait that long otherwise we'd have probably kept Shakespeare for a few more weeks like Newcastle have done with Jones.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, useless said:

We've seen this all before, all the requests for a top notch manager and many a name banded about, whenever there's a managerial serach, but it always turns out to be someone underwhelming, or us taking a chance on someone, and so it will be the same on this occasion too. It's just way it is and why we will go around and around in circles.

And how many times have we looked for a new manager while we had multi Billionaire owners wanting to get to Europe and invest serious money in the clubs. Last time they recruited a manager they got it bang on. 

If they got it bang on the last time they recruited a manger and they did so say I, then who's to say they won't get it bang on this time if they appoint Gerrard, apart from here he seems to be rated as one of the best young coaches in Europe, I've seen him linked to clubs of a similar level to us and ones currently doing better (Leicester) and their fans are nowhere near as negative to the link as fans on here, quite the opposite in fact.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Other. For some strange reason, I kinda fancy Scott Parker. 

I agree he is very clean cut and well spoken with a boy next door look. Bet he’s a devil between the sheets as well LOL

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Really?..? I thought it was well documented it's very much the opposite! 

Are you kidding - they’ve been close friends for years - purslow helped get him the rangers job - you must be thinking of purslow and Benitez 

20 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I would be with you on that. Purslow did nothing to get SG onside while he was at Pool.

You are massively wrong there mate - in fact it was a standing joke amongst players how close they were