Christmas 2021

sidcow

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I once got his autograph after bumping into him in a public toilet of all places. Very generous and kind man . 

Not surprising really.  He was known to frequent them. 

26 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

How I gonna make a sammich if I don't cut it in half?

After obviously but from my time working with them the best way to warm a bagel is keep it whole and put it in the oven for 8 to 12 minutes, then cut it in half

Makes the outside crisp but keeps the inside light and fluffy 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Can’t handle getting up late. Makes me groggy and way more tired. Not sure why, but it effects my head too.

Its not a regular thing for me, but every now and again. Just means I don't need an afternoon nap today ;)

• Like 1

Today was supposed to be a chill in the matching PJ’s but the in-laws (who were supposed to be going to their caravan today) have reported that their roof has leaked onto the newly plaster bedroom ceiling… and the car won’t start 😔 

They’re gonna come round here for some food and drinks instead. Hopefully it cheers them up a bit as that’s pretty shitty luck. 

Had a lay in today and got up at 8am, another round of presents from my wife’s friend who’s been lodging with us for a while. Got some nice stuff again including a samosa maker. 
My missus is cooking a big Christmas dinner for about 10 family members today. We’ve had our posh eggs royale breakfast, I’ve eaten three mince pies and a handful of chocolates and I’ve not lost my appetite yet, so that’s good news! 

Off to pick up the missus’ grandparents soon, they’re both 93 and funny as hell. They haven’t been out since I took them to B&Q in September, so they’ll enjoy coming here for a bit today. 

It’s going to be mega busy and here, my mission is to entertain the guests, help the missus not have a mental breakdown and to make sure the Villa game is on if it goes ahead later. 

26 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Had a lay in today and got up at 8am, another round of presents from my wife’s friend who’s been lodging with us for a while.

That sounds like the opening to a “movie” I saw once.

• Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Spending the day and evening at the in laws. They don't do football and object to people staring at their phones. So no watching the game for me today. 

Can’t you feign some kind of gastro-related illness and take yourself off to the toilet for the afternoon? 

Seriously though, it’s your day too. They shouldn’t be stopping your fun, watching on your phone won’t hurt them.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Can’t you feign some kind of gastro-related illness and take yourself off to the toilet for the afternoon? 

Seriously though, it’s your day too. They shouldn’t be stopping your fun, watching on your phone won’t hurt them.

More worried about the reaction from the wife then her parents. 

I remember reading on VT a while ago that there might be a turkey shortage so I immediately panicked and logged on to m&s and ordered one. Only, in my haste I'd reserved a turkey crown and not the whole bird.....not only that but it cost me £55.....feeds 8-10.

I couldn't be arsed to change it and saw it as a lesson to myself to take my time and not rush. 

Picked it up, feeds 8-10 my arse ! So, am even more annoyed with myself. Anyway,  roasted it yesterday and bugger me if it wasn't the best tasting, moist bird I'd ever got my chops around !!

However, next year I am going to take my time, not panic and not read any scaremongering stories on VT 😉

Happy Xmas VTers xxx

Edited by mottaloo

23 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I remember reading on VT a while ago that there might be a turkey shortage so I immediately panicked and logged on to m&s and ordered one. Only, in my haste I'd reserved a turkey crown and not the whole bird.....not only that but it cost me £55.....feeds 8-10.

I couldn't be arsed to change it and saw it as a lesson to myself to take my time and not rush. 

Picked it up, feeds 8-10 my arse ! So, am even more annoyed with myself. Anyway,  roasted it yesterday and bugger me if it wasn't the best tasting, moist bird I'd ever got my chops around !!

However, next year I am going to take my time, not panic and not read any scaremongering stories on VT 😉

Happy Xmas VTers xxx

Make sure you have plenty of petrol and toilet roll. 

Edited by Genie
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Spending the day and evening at the in laws. They don't do football and object to people staring at their phones. So no watching the game for me today. 

I'm he opposite, spending the day in the pub with the father in law who doesn't talk English but loves football and beer, it's in the village so the pub isn't actually open but he has the spare key 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm he opposite, spending the day in the pub with the father in law who doesn't talk English but loves football and beer, it's in the village so the pub isn't actually open but he has the spare key 

Do you want to swap? 

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Today is few beers, plenty of food, kids games , horse racing on tv most of day and watch villa later . Might fit in a couple of albums and test out the new speakers 

Looks like you're not the only one watching the horse racing today..

• Haha 1