Christmas 2021

sidcow

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

My favourite scene is

Hide contents

George Bailey losing it, ranting at his wife and kids and making them cry, then going off to get pissed and running his car into a tree.

James Stewart acting against type (the usual nice guy image). 

Actually, on reconsideration, that is my favourite too: my own pater familias was prone to such outbursts, which would leave us kids wondering what we had done, and which could only be remedied by having a good sulk.

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Birmingham trip completed! Now home, feet up and remaining this way until New Year! 

Yeah ok, bloody hell, don't go on about it! :P 

Some of us are still working hard, trying to stimulate the economy :(

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

After watching home alone and national lampoon... Just how good are the wages in Chicago?? 

Same as Steve Martin's house in Planes, Trains and Automobiles! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Thats me broke up . Not back until the 5th of January now. 

Much to the relief of A&E departments all around the region. 

• Haha 1

I've got tomorrow off (supposed to be the day after our office party), in Thursday then off till New year. 

Only thing is looking at my outstanding work I'll probably have to work an hour or 2 tomorrow or I'll end up working Christmas Eve. 

Really pisses me off as I'm behind because of a client who is an absolute pain in the arse and was actually barely worth looking after financially, who we knew was going to sack us off still made us go through the motions for absolutely no reason. 

So now I've got to work some of my day off. 

Ah well, at least I should be a bit lighter next Christmas when I can actually make good use of time off. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

After watching home alone and national lampoon... Just how good are the wages in Chicago?? 

John Hughes films  - beautiful houses on the North Shore - Ferris Bueller, 16 Candles, Home Alone.

Worth a friggin' fortune now. Last years real estate market went insane in the US - Some areas saw a 25-30% increase.

https://www.visitchicagonorthshore.com/a_john_hughes_tour_of_the_north_shore

• Like 1

I'm in 23rd, 24th (12 hr dayshift) and 25th, 26th (12 hrs nightshift)....then 31st/1st days then 2nd,3rd nights.

It's just the way the shift pattern falls really. It could be a lot worse....working in a&e doing proper, important work and not just mucking about on a laptop in my box bedroom, supporting the world of logistics.

• Thanks 1