Elden Ring

Chindie

I took on a familiar face last night who I feel like is meant to a bit of a test. Unfortunately they were met by my maxed Mimic and I wielding maxed out magic katanas at very high level, and they got mulched.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chindie said:

Platinumed.

Nice one mate!

I missed the scum-save point for the multiple endings trophy so I'll have to do them on my second playthrough.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, M_Allback_14 said:

God-devouring serpent - if anyone can help I am totally out of ideas with this one! 

There's a weapon by the entrance to the fight. Use that. Use the mimic (levelled up) and you'll smash through it.

All of these games have a boss fight where they want you to use a specific weapon, the serpent is this games one.

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Are the bosses in this anything like as challenging as the Valkyries in God of War?

Sigrun especially..

The bosses in Elden Ring are heavily dependent on numerous factors;

• What class are you?
  • What is your playstyle? 
  • What is your level going into the fight?
  • How upgraded is your weapon?
  • Have you levelled up efficiently?
  • Is it a main boss, or an optional boss? (optional bosses are usually 10x harder)

Everyone has bosses in Elden Ring that annihilated them. @Designer1 has PTSD from the boss Maliketh for instance. There are some very very hard bosses in Elden Ring.

That said I think it's hard to say because God of War is a very tailored experience. It's way more linear and there are way less options for the player overall. It would also depend what difficulty you're fighting Sigrun on because God of War has multiple difficulties. I'm not sure the two games bosses are comparable in the end given all the variables.

PS. What I can say is if you're after challenging bosses then Elden Ring likely won't disappoint. 

Edited by Daweii
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Daweii said:

The bosses in Elden Ring are heavily dependent on numerous factors;

• What class are you?
  • What is your playstyle? 
  • What is your level going into the fight?
  • How upgraded is your weapon?
  • Have you levelled up efficiently?
  • Is it a main boss, or an optional boss? (optional bosses are usually 10x harder)

Everyone has bosses in Elden Ring that annihilated them. @Designer1 has PTSD from the boss Maliketh for instance. There are some very very hard bosses in Elden Ring.

That said I think it's hard to say because God of War is a very tailored experience. It's way more linear and there are way less options for the player overall. It would also depend what difficulty you're fighting Sigrun on because God of War has multiple difficulties. I'm not sure the two games bosses are comparable in the end given all the variables.

PS. What I can say is if you're after challenging bosses then Elden Ring likely won't disappoint. 

Thanks man.

Sigrun on "normal" and sigrun on Ng+ are two very different experiences.

Sigrun on "normal" gave me nightmares.

Sigrun on Ng+ killed me mentally.

That said, I didn't exactly cater my set up for her, but I loved the challenge.  Probably the hardest set of bosses (apart from a couple), I've ever known.

• Like 1

On 26/03/2022 at 22:41, Chindie said:

There's a weapon by the entrance to the fight. Use that. Use the mimic (levelled up) and you'll smash through it.

All of these games have a boss fight where they want you to use a specific weapon, the serpent is this games one.

Thanks for the advice - took a bit of levelling on that specific weapon and the mimic tear but finally got there today after work 

hopefully I can start making good progress again now that’s been the biggest blocker to me so far 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

How long did that take you?  I'm 36 hours in and only just downed my third cinematic boss.

118 hours, but bear in mind I save scummed to do the various endings. You can't platinum it in one run without doing that.

• Like 1

Â