Elden Ring

Chindie

57 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

The Gargoyles in Siofra? I think I used the D NPC summon (think you have to have progressed his questline a bit) and then just stance broke them with quick attacks allowing for criticals. Iirc they don't use magic so weren't too difficult.

Not sure if I have the summon available.  You can however apparently lure them to edge and get them to back step and jump to their deaths.

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Yep got one of the buggers to jump and found the summon which helped whittle down the other one.

Yeah I had one that leapt to their death then it was a 2 on 1 fight with my summon. 

21 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Yeah I had one that leapt to their death then it was a 2 on 1 fight with my summon. 

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Yep got one of the buggers to jump and found the summon which helped whittle down the other one.

Make sure you both...

Spoiler

Get in the coffin

After the fight (if you haven't already)

• Thanks 2

One thing I will say to anyone who is on their first playthrough is I would recommend taking a look at the trophy list.

Even if you haven't any interest in trophy hunting it's worth taking a look at some of the guides because they will lead you to discover many areas and bosses that you would otherwise miss.

Bit of food for thought to get more content bang for your buck.

My tip would be to avoid heading for Margit for as long as possible. Clear out as much of the first area as you can, scour it clean.

You may even discover that Margit isn't that important.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just got to a bit where I had to take on 3 invaders after I spoke to a giant jug in Caelid.  Not sure if these were real players or just versions of their characters but f### me they were solid.  Took at least 6 attempts to do it because you have to beat all 3 without dying.  You could almost guaranteed at least one was going to spam a heavy incantation and end up 2 shoting me! Did it in the end though.

Edited by dubbs
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dubbs said:

I just got to a bit where I had to take on 3 invaders after I spoke to a giant jug in Caelid.  Not sure if these were real players or just versions of their characters but f### me they were solid.  Took at least 6 attempts to do it because you have to beat all 3 without dying.  You could almost guaranteed at least one was going to spam a heavy incantation and end up 2 shoting me! Did it in the end though.

Without bating them off the cliff? Well done! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, hogso said:

Without bating them off the cliff? Well done! 

Yeah I tried that once and they just wouldn't go over so had to batter them to death. 

• Like 1

I'm enjoying my NG+ run on my second character. I'm around lvl 260 on a Faith Dex build and its a lot of fun 😀

Still occasionally finding new bits and bobs which after 400+ hours is pretty impressive.

• Like 1

I know I don't have to kill this guy but there's this bearing hunter near a shack in Caelid which just obliterates me in 3 hits.  I don't have to kill him but now I want to lol 

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

I know I don't have to kill this guy but there's this bearing hunter near a shack in Caelid which just obliterates me in 3 hits.  I don't have to kill him but now I want to lol 

That bugger was harder than a lot of the main bosses. 

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

That bugger was harder than a lot of the main bosses. 

What's adding to the frustration is the fact you have to rest at the grace,  advance time to night,  stand up, rest again then do the fight.  It takes longer to do that than it does to die 🤣

Have you played and Souls games before?  There are certain aspects of those which should be familiar to you in this.   Also if ever you are struggling with anything you can come back to it.  It's not one of those where you have to try and try again until you win the battle.   

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Have you played and Souls games before?  There are certain aspects of those which should be familiar to you in this.   Also if ever you are struggling with anything you can come back to it.  It's not one of those where you have to try and try again until you win the battle.   

Yeah as Dubbs says it's definitely the most forgiving (and for most part the easiest) of the Soulsborne games.

My advice would be to go in as blind as possible, and just have fun exploring.

(And don't kill any npcs 😄)

5 hours ago, dubbs said:

Never played the souls games, the last open world games I've played are AC, Skyrim, and GTA V. Were the souls games this hard? I've jumped into Elden Ring and died. A lot.

5 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah as Dubbs says it's definitely the most forgiving (and for most part the easiest) of the Soulsborne games.

My advice would be to go in as blind as possible, and just have fun exploring.

(And don't kill any npcs 😄)

Forgiving? I'm really struggling so far. Lots and lots of dying.

Â