Elden Ring

Chindie

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Struggling like crazy with Radahn. He can #### off!

You should have tried him pre-patch! He's been nerfed to **** you lucky bugger 😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

You should have tried him pre-patch! He's been nerfed to **** you lucky bugger 😄

Discovered if you follow behind him on your horse you can pulverise him 😁

1 minute ago, dubbs said:

Discovered if you follow behind him on your horse you can pulverise him 😁

Actually I tell a lie.

They have rebuffed him with the latest patch.

So yeah, well done 👏 

• Thanks 1

I cheesed the hell out of Radahn...

First phase was simple enough having all my summons on him then swiping him from behind.  Second phase I just stayed away from him running around on Torrent re-summoning all the dead warriors and they did most the work.  I just kept my distance and ran in for the final swipe to claim the glory.

1 hour ago, og1874 said:

Been looking at this one with curiousity. Looks great from the videos I've seen, but also looks like an incredible time sink

From my own experience you will need a minimum of 100 hours to really make the most of the game.

You could go the critical path route and finish the main story in 35 hours (ish) but you would be missing out on about half of the games content.

I have over 200 hours played and I'm still finding new areas in my second playthrough. 

• Like 2

Just now, Designer1 said:

From my own experience you will need a minimum of 100 hours to really make the most of the game.

You could go the critical path route and finish the main story in 35 hours (ish) but you would be missing out on about half of the games content.

I have over 200 hours played and I'm still finding new areas in my second playthrough. 

Even 35 hours is about 3x more than I can put into a game these days

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I cheesed the hell out of Radahn...

Reveal hidden contents

First phase was simple enough having all my summons on him then swiping him from behind.  Second phase I just stayed away from him running around on Torrent re-summoning all the dead warriors and they did most the work.  I just kept my distance and ran in for the final swipe to claim the glory.

He didn't seem to get to the second phase.  We (me and the summons) all surrounded him when he was on half health and slaughtered him before the transition. 

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Not to mention going the critical path without much exploration would turn Elden Ring from a fun experience to a frustrating one. 

I have figured out through multiple playthroughs that Stormveil Castle where the game directs the player to go first is a Level 30-40 area. Not saying it can't be done at Level 10 right off spawn, but there are bosses in that castle that I wouldn't want to fight at Level 10 with no estus upgrades, weapon upgrades or anything else. 

On a first playthrough exploration is the whole game, as the exploration is what facilitates most players to beat the bosses on the critical path. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately I've got to a stage where I've got to walk away.  2 crucible knights, not at the same time,  kicking my ass. I can't parry for #### and that seems to be the only way to defeat them.  Its just not fun at the moment. 

56 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Unfortunately I've got to a stage where I've got to walk away.  2 crucible knights, not at the same time,  kicking my ass. I can't parry for #### and that seems to be the only way to defeat them.  Its just not fun at the moment. 

Got the Mimic Tear to 10? Tried using summons or just grinding a few levels from the Bird of Many Runes?

I don't think I've used parry once in over 200 hours 😄

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Got the Mimic Tear to 10? Tried using summons or just grinding a few levels from the Bird of Many Runes?

I don't think I've used parry once in over 200 hours 😄

I've got the mimic tear but not up to level 10 yet.  I don't think summons are available in this particular part.  

Bird of Many Runes???

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Bird of Many Runes???

Spoiler

There's a spot in Mohgwyn Palace where you can grind thousands of runes every few minutes by killing a single bird mob over and over. YouTube is your friend.

Might be worth your while if you fancy gaining a few easy levels to ease the frustration.

Edited by Designer1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

I don't think summons are available in this particular part.  

Also, If this is the Ordovis fight then you can definitely summon.

21 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Also, If this is the Ordovis fight then you can definitely summon.

These aren't bosses just 2 regular battles in the eternal city. I've decided to run passed them cuz they aren't a must kill but they were in my list of must die b#####ds 🤣

34 minutes ago, dubbs said:

These aren't bosses just 2 regular battles in the eternal city. I've decided to run passed them cuz they aren't a must kill but they were in my list of must die b#####ds 🤣

There is a boss fight where you fight two Crucible Knights. It's not a cakewalk but doable.

8 hours ago, Designer1 said:

There is a boss fight where you fight two Crucible Knights. It's not a cakewalk but doable.

Great - that's me screwed then 😁

• Haha 1

Decided to run passed those knights.  Hit another wall immediately by facing 2 gargoyles.   Took at least a dozen attempts to do the battle and think I only did it cuz one of them committed suicide 🤣

Edited by dubbs
  • Haha 1

On 09/04/2022 at 20:57, dubbs said:

Decided to run passed those knights.  Hit another wall immediately by facing 2 gargoyles.   Took at least a dozen attempts to do the battle and think I only did it cuz one of them committed suicide 🤣

I'm currently on this battle and just read about the cheese strategy 🤔

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I'm currently on this battle and just read about the cheese strategy 🤔

The Gargoyles in Siofra? I think I used the D NPC summon (think you have to have progressed his questline a bit) and then just stance broke them with quick attacks allowing for criticals. Iirc they don't use magic so weren't too difficult.

Edited by Designer1

Â