Elden Ring

Chindie

18 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Apparently this has been nerfed a bit with the latest patch. 😒

All the fun/broken stuff in the game has been nerfed in the latest patch.

Anyone that was leaning on specific weapon arts like Royal Knights Resolve, Hoarfrost Stomp and Night-and-Flame-Stance will likely find their weapons not performing as they once did. 

Mimic Tear +10 was completely busted though. The spirit summons are a great equaliser without increasing boss health like player summons do, but it definitely wasn't intended for a spirit summon to be as powerful as Mimic Tear +10 was. 

I think if I added up all the times I've died to bosses in all of the other soulsborne games put together, it still wouldn't be as many as the times I've died to Malekith.

That **** has my number.

Edited by Designer1
Spelt the words removed name wrong.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Daweii said:

All the fun/broken stuff in the game has been nerfed in the latest patch.

Anyone that was leaning on specific weapon arts like Royal Knights Resolve, Hoarfrost Stomp and Night-and-Flame-Stance will likely find their weapons not performing as they once did. 

Mimic Tear +10 was completely busted though. The spirit summons are a great equaliser without increasing boss health like player summons do, but it definitely wasn't intended for a spirit summon to be as powerful as Mimic Tear +10 was. 

Mimic Tear damage is down but they've definitely rejigged its ai to be smarter. I think it's a pretty good trade off tbh.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Mimic Tear damage is down but they've definitely rejigged its ai to be smarter. I think it's a pretty good trade off tbh.

Very curious to see how that plays out with certain weapons. Mimic Tear being super dumb was the only thing that stopped it beating the game while the player sat in a corner. If Mimic Tear now knows to spam weapon arts then that could mean it's more powerful now.

Mimic Tear with a player using the Rivers of Blood sword might actually be hilarious. 

• Like 1

On 17/03/2022 at 19:25, Designer1 said:

I think if I added up all the times I've died to bosses in all of the other soulsborne games put together, it still wouldn't be as many as the times I've died to Malekith.

That **** has my number.

Yeeeeeeeeeeessssss!!!!! Take that you utter utter utter word removed! No summon needed either 😀

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeeeeeeeeeeessssss!!!!! Take that you utter utter utter word removed! No summon needed either 😀

And Malenia down too.

Today is a good Elden Ring day.

• Like 1

Hmmm.

Without sounding like a whiny so and so I think the last boss is broken at present.

Two phases is fair enough, but the first phase being a fully fledged boss in his own right followed directly by one of the most frustrating fights in soulsborne history is a bit of a piss take tbh.

The camera on Elden Beast is horrendous for melee builds. It makes it so difficult to work out which attacks you are being subjected to and couple that with the fact that you spend 90 percent of the fight chasing around the arena after the boss I'm finding it a chore to finish. It's tarnishing (hehe) my love of the game somewhat. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Hmmm.

Without sounding like a whiny so and so I think the last boss is broken at present.

Two phases is fair enough, but the first phase being a fully fledged boss in his own right followed directly by one of the most frustrating fights in soulsborne history is a bit of a piss take tbh.

The camera on Elden Beast is horrendous for melee builds. It makes it so difficult to work out which attacks you are being subjected to and couple that with the fact that you spend 90 percent of the fight chasing around the arena after the boss I'm finding it a chore to finish. It's tarnishing (hehe) my love of the game somewhat. 

The camera is terrible in this game for all the giant bosses. I really hope FromSoftware get it out of their system as hacking away at a bosses ankle, or a bosses stomach while you can't see the rest of it isn't epic. Plus it introduces so many camera issues as the lock on tries to track a boss that fills the screen. Give me a whole game full of hyper-difficult, turbo speed, weapon art spamming boss fights over another game with screen filling bosses.

• Like 1

Yay! And he's down!

What.A.Game.

Right. Now to decide whether to go ng+ or roll a new character.

Either way I'll be playing the next playthrough alongside other games. This one has monopolised my gaming time for a month 😄

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

Malenia is a **** grim boss. 2 phase insane damage combo machine who recovers health with every hit landed (whether blocked or not) and in the second phase gains a scarlet rot buff.

Another one where it sometimes just feels like you're rolling the dice to see whether the game fancies letting you have a crack at beating it, or fancies throwing out 3 rapid fire combos. Not the best thing the game does.

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

Malenia is a **** grim boss. 2 phase insane damage combo machine who recovers health with every hit landed (whether blocked or not) and in the second phase gains a scarlet rot buff.

Another one where it sometimes just feels like you're rolling the dice to see whether the game fancies letting you have a crack at beating it, or fancies throwing out 3 rapid fire combos. Not the best thing the game does.

Just shows how people's experiences differ. I took her down in two attempts and thought it was a well designed boss.

So to balance that up you'll probably take down Malekith (who took me a week) in one go 😁

5 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Just shows how people's experiences differ. I took her down in two attempts and thought it was a well designed boss.

So to balance that up you'll probably take down Malekith (who took me a week) in one go 😁

It feels a bit like a boss where I'm a few retries from respeccing into a glass cannon designed specifically to kill her.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

It feels a bit like a boss where I'm a few retries from respeccing into a glass cannon designed specifically to kill her.

I stood toe-to-toe with her and used the Fingerprint Stone Shield with Moghwyns Scared Spear - Absolute belter of a combo.

4 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I stood toe-to-toe with her and used the Fingerprint Stone Shield with Moghwyns Scared Spear - Absolute belter of a combo.

Respecced and upgraded to use this combo, doing worse than before :crylaugh:

• Shocked 1

Â