Elden Ring

Chindie

37 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Were the souls games this hard?

There's a noticeable hike in difficulty towards the endgame in (in Elden Ring) but generally speaking the souls games were more difficult yes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Forgiving? I'm really struggling so far. Lots and lots of dying.

You have you to get your eye in with these games. They have a very particular type of gameplay, you have to be methodical. Also don't think that everything you see your supposed to be able to defeat straight away - the first big enemy you see on the game proper, the Tree Sentinel, you're potentially tens of hours away from reliably beating for example.

This video will give you a leg up on things. It may be a little outdated but generally I think it sets out a good roadmap of things to do early on that will level the playing field while you get your bearings.

But you will die a lot. That's the game - you'll come to realise that dying isn't the big of a thing in time.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Never played the souls games, the last open world games I've played are AC, Skyrim, and GTA V. Were the souls games this hard? I've jumped into Elden Ring and died. A lot.

Souls games are like no other genre.   You need to really learn the mechanics of the game,  have lots of patience and accept you're going to die - a lot.   But remember,  the rewards when things click are like nothing else you would have played previously.  Stick with it,  and if you're really stuck ask on here or do a specific search on YouTube. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm finally getting close to the end of my first playthrough.  I've taken my time with it - over 100 hours in so far.  Not sure once I've finished it I'll do another run though although if I do it'll be a completely different build. 

Had a few weeks off since the little one arrived.

Walked straight into some pretty nasty boss battles (Fire Giant and Godskin Duo).  Managed to down them and now I've just had a few goes against Black Blade Maliketh.  How the hell am I supposed to beat him!?

Reached the final boss and hit a brick wall so far.  Trying to decide who's best to use between mimic and tyche (sp?) Although to be far out doesn't matter which one i use lol. Sometimes getting to the second stage is pretty straightforward then other times its so damn hard.  And when I do manage to get to stage 2 the bugger never stays still long enough to get any decent hits on. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

That feeling you get when you summon somebody to royally **** up Malenia for you, and you feel like it’s your achievement.

Now onto Elden Beast…

Good luck 👍 

Finally finished this today.

I'd sunk so many hours into it, I was kinda ready for it to be over at this point. There's still plenty of things I want to go back and do, and I fully expect that I'll be dipping in and out of the game every now and then for a while yet. I just have so many other games in the queue that I want to play that I wanted to get the story done so I could move onto something else.

All that said, what a **** game that was.

• Like 2

Scratch that....I won't be dipping in and out of it again.

Installed Sifu last night and the update file was corrupted and forced my PS5 into a factory reset. Thought I'd be okay, seeing as I have PS Plus, but I loaded my cloud save and for some reason the most recent sync was back when I was level 91 at the Mountaintops of the Giants 😩. Safe to say, I can't be arsed doing all of that again.

Spare a thought for my missus though, who doesn't have PS Plus and has therefore lost 88 hours worth of progress....

• Sad 2

I rage quit on Elden Beast about a week ago when I got close and baby screamed and ruined it.  I also am ready to move onto other games but can't find the motivation to go back on and tackle that last boss.

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I rage quit on Elden Beast about a week ago when I got close and baby screamed and ruined it.  I also am ready to move onto other games but can't find the motivation to go back on and tackle that last boss.

But when you do,  the sense of satisfaction...........

• 4 months later...

So the expansion dlc got announced a few hours ago.  The Colosseum update. Looks like PvP modes mainly which is a bit of a let down.  Would link the YT video but can't do it in my phone.  It's on IGN. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dubbs said:

So the expansion dlc got announced a few hours ago.  The Colosseum update. Looks like PvP modes mainly which is a bit of a let down.  Would link the YT video but can't do it in my phone.  It's on IGN. 

I don't think this is the expansion. I think this is just a free DLC to open up the colosseums that the game shipped with. We'll likely get more content announced at a later date that will be more substantial. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Loved this on the first playthrough, but I'm actually having way more fun second time round. The pressure to finish it is off and I can experiment with things a lot more. I've currently got my character to level 53 and I've not even gone to Stormveil Castle yet.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
Â