9/11...20 years later

Big Salad

4 hours ago, Big Salad said:

I know won't have their problem here, but I already have had to delete some people who I thought were solid, decent folk off some of my social media for joking and/or making light of 9/11. That may seem like an extreme reaction to some, but its no laughing matter to me as an American and really shouldn't be for any human being regardless of nationality or creed.

Anyway, off to bed now I have a long day today that I am sure will be full of swinging emotions.

Thoughts with you and many others in what is no doubt going to be a very emotional weekend. Take care 👍

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

9/11 marked the end of my failed attempt at college, I'd say that a good 90% of the students were Asian, the day after 9/11 happened I was sitting in a class (I can't even remember what subjects I had taken now) and within 5 minutes I must have had about 10 paper planes chucked at me, I was **** livid, I'd already made several reports of racism to the head honcho (including one where I had a knife pulled on me) and there was absolutely zero interest, 12th September 2001 was the last time I went to college.

Sorry to read this mate. Terrible that something that had absolutely nothing to do with you turned out to be so life changing.  People can be so ignorant and cruel. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Sorry to read this mate. Terrible that something that had absolutely nothing to do with you turned out to be so life changing.  People can be so ignorant and cruel. 

gotta be honest it wasn't a big deal, I was 16 years old and a raging piss head, college was somewhere I went to pass the time before going to the pub.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

gotta be honest it wasn't a big deal, I was 16 years old and a raging piss head, college was somewhere I went to pass the time before going to the pub.

I take it all back then. The racist bastards probably did you a favour and gave you the push out the door you needed 😀

• Haha 1

Watching world trade centre and I'm not sure why becauss it's shit 

Wonder who and when the definitive film will be made on it, the documentaries seem to be well covered but Hollywood maybe actively avoiding it

I can't see anyone revisiting united 93 after greengrasses excellent film but I'd have thought there was more to tell elsewhere

And going in to horrible details, we've been to the 9/11 museum and i can't remember if there's anything about it but 20 years on watching the Netflix doc my wife found out about the fuel burns for the first time last week 

She hasn't see the jumper documantary with the footage of them landing, I'm not sure if I want to watch it again 

The people hanging out the windows is the most horrifying of all the imagery of that day. Knowing that they were hoping against hope for rescue and then finally choosing to jump. Can only imagine the hellscape inside the building. 

The people fleeing in terror from the roiling debris cloud had it easy in comparison. 

So much to try to comprehend. 

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The people hanging out the windows is the most horrifying of all the imagery of that day. Knowing that they were hoping against hope for rescue and then finally choosing to jump. Can only imagine the hellscape inside the building. 

The people fleeing in terror from the roiling debris cloud had it easy in comparison. 

So much to try to comprehend. 

In the 2nd tower to collapse... Knowing that you aren't being saved, that you can't breath, that if the fire doesn't get you the eventual collapse will

Horrible 

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And going in to horrible details, we've been to the 9/11 museum and i can't remember if there's anything about it but 20 years on watching the Netflix doc my wife found out about the fuel burns for the first time last week 

She hasn't see the jumper documantary with the footage of them landing, I'm not sure if I want to watch it again 

Quoting my own post... 

On new stuff, I didnt know until last week that they used the hudson river for navigation, that's where they turned round and followed it down to the city

The air traffic controller documentary is another good one 

I lived in the same town in the states I live in. But was still a student. We were in the education  building.  They sent us home and I walked in to everyone round the tv. 

my roommates brother enlisted and became a Army Ranger. This really affected my pal. 

as a now Dual citizen with USA It just makes it a wee bit more poignant.

My missus saw the building’s on fire as she was walking home close to the river. Her school obviously sent her home. 

the 9/11 museum is one of the most indescribable things I’ve ever experienced 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No one can be sure Bush or the US had anything to do with the events of 911, though his face, when first told tells a thousand words. One thing is for sure, he let the real  perpetrators get away with it.

I imagine they would have died when they crashed the planes into the towers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Everyone has there own opinion on the event, no conspiracy, although I didn't realise the perpetrators had been caught and charged?

I'm not going to derail the thread arguing about it, just trying to show a little respect. You're well within your rights to choose otherwise.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â