January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

If the people at Villa believed that then surely we would have bought him this summer

I've started reading your posts in a very loud Dublin accent and things are making much more sense. 

As for Tammy, Chelsea didn't want to sell him to one of their main rivals.

Image result for there it is gif

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

It depends, a club up the top may see Ings firing a ton in for us and may see the same as we did, he guarantees goals. See spurs as stingy as Levi is could sell Kane for over 100 mill. Spurs come in for Ings who's a suitable replacement and a fix for a while and I believe if they offered us 50 or 60 mill,then we would snap there arm off for that and we've profited.

Absolutely, that would be the dream but I would very much doubt that we would be banking on that coming to fruition, hopefully it will.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Absolutely, that would be the dream but I would very much doubt that we would be banking on that coming to fruition, hopefully it will.

Indeed,i think the plan isn't just to be successful in the league but also successful  at attracting bidders who will pay above what you paid for talent. That all takes time and practice with a good team at making players more attractive. If you can buy a 30 million player and in a season or two regardless of age get a profit out of him,you know full well the club is on the right track. You may be right and it won't come to pass but if it did and Ings has one ace season at Villa before moving on and the club pockets a swift bag of cash we will be singing Lange's name. Lange has done an amazing job amongst the other staff at the club like Nicola, Purslow and shakespear and there work largely goes unnoticed unfortunately because they are the ninjas that make the shadows work.

The dream is that we buy these players and we get a season or more out of them, they in turn make the club more successful. When that offer finally comes in, if it does, its that we then sell at the right time that benefits the club and player and part ways on good terms without no Bullshit said.

If we're going with two up front then we need another striker.

Terem Moffi won't be at Lorient after August 2022. Be a great pick-up in Jan and maybe send him back until the Summer.

He's what we needed when we signed Wes.

12 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

So there would have been no problem selling him to Villa 🤣😂🤣😂

We got 4 points from Chelsea last season. I'd say that is a cause for concern for Chelsea and they do not sell to teams in there league who they could be aiding to make them potentially be a future and potential dangerous team.

Tammy would of pissed Chelsea off if he'd of come here, there fans would been going as mad as what Arsenals fans still go mad over Martinez now. I said it much last season, but I believed he would of been that Martinez type signing much to what ings also is, it's those type of players you know if they come here they will elevate the club in alot of ways. These type of signings that raise the clubs bar and profile that give themselves and there club recognition by how they play, finding these players cheap isn't easy but it can be done. 

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

We got 4 points from Chelsea last season. I'd say that is a cause for concern for Chelsea and they do not sell to teams in there league who they could be aiding to make them potentially be a future and potential dangerous team.

Tammy would of pissed Chelsea off if he'd of come here, there fans would been going as mad as what Arsenals fans still go mad over Martinez now. I said it much last season, but I believed he would of been that Martinez type signing much to what ings also is, it's those type of players you know if they come here they will elevate the club in alot of ways. These type of signings that raise the clubs bar and profile that give themselves and there club recognition by how they play, finding these players cheap isn't easy but it can be done. 

Come on. Chelsea is not worried about Villa. They are European Champions and they are trying to win the Premier League this season. Maybe Tammy would have elevated us, as I said I would love him at Villa with Ollie and Ings but Ings will score more goals this season imo, I think that is why we bought Ings ahead of Tammy

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think that is why we bought Ings ahead of Tammy

You don’t know if that’s true!

Ings may have been Plan B.

We can all have our opinions but we are unlikely to ever know.

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

If you think we are competing with Chelsea for league position this season I want some of what you are smoking. They are miles ahead of us

He was joking and you took him seriously!

Hence the joke went over your head!

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

You don’t know if that’s true!

Ings may have been Plan B.

We can all have our opinions but we are unlikely to ever know.

Clearly I don't. The hint is where I said 'I think'. But I try to look at what is plausible for different scenarios. I am sure Tammy would have liked to join Villa and we could afford him but we went for the shorter term solution instead. It could be that we didn't want him or it could be we wanted him and didn't like the buy back clause. But I think the most plausible is that we wanted as close as we could get to guaranteed goals

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Come on. Chelsea is not worried about Villa. They are European Champions and they are trying to win the Premier League this season. Maybe Tammy would have elevated us, as I said I would love him at Villa with Ollie and Ings but Ings will score more goals this season imo, I think that is why we bought Ings ahead of Tammy

I am not saying they are worried about Villa, at least not at the moment. It's the idea that selling to us that they'd be aiding in us improving that worrys them and so they will not do it because were in the same league. They have time and time again said no to good offers for players all because rivals or other clubs in the league wanted there players. If anything they are smart about choosing that approach despite putting themselves out from sales.

Why do you think one of the reasons City relieved us of Grealish, we may not be it at the moment but we could be a direct threat in some years. If we had of kept Grealish and still got our players we got this window then wed be in contention for a euro place. Sure they wanted Jack but it was a two in one whammy that they'd relieve our best player while gaining one heck of a talent but at the same time it halted our progress.

Chelsea are europe champs and while that's Excellent they have to go do it again. The rest of the league is getting better apart from a few teams. See Chelsea,City, UTD  Spurs are all expected to do ace and achieve all these things but if other clubs catch them out they will soon be a laughing stock like what Arsenal are having at the moment. The pressure is massive for the players at those clubs that teams like Leicester, Everton, Westham and even us who caught some of the big boys out last season, the so called big boys are starting to not feel so big anymore. 

We will see this season but I feel theres going to be some shocks for the usual big clubs.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Wooooow that is one of the craziest things I've ever seen from you and one other on VT.

Tammy is an ace player capable of amazing things and you couldn't of paid much attention to his career after he left Villa to make such a comment..

Crazy lol

spacer.png

*I know your name's Dave but come here baby....

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

plausible

Plausible to you! What you want and thus fits to your narrative like you did on Mings narrative.

I love Ings whether he’s plan A or B, I love Mings and think he’ll be with us for years.  I love Tammy whether he was plan A or never in the plans.  Your plausible though is what you would like and maybe close to the truth or way off, same with me.

Tammy would’ve been great here and Ings will be great.  I think your clutching at straws with your theories on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Why do you think one of the reasons City relieved us of Grealish, we may not be it at the moment but we could be a direct threat in some years. If we had of kept Grealish and still got our players we got this window then wed be in contention for a euro place. Sure they wanted Jack but it was a two in one whammy that they'd relieve our best player while gaining one heck of a talent but at the same time it halted our progress.

I really don't think so. City bough Jack to win the Champions League as KDB is getting older and has injury problems. There isn't one iota of a chance that City bought Jack to restrict our advancement.

• Haha 1