January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

We have to be mindful of not impairing the progress of the kids.....They are really showing development growth.

Ramsey, is just about established, Carney is knocking the door, Timmy is in the wings as with JPB.

A DM and leave it at that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think a couple of fullbacks and a keeper will be needed going forward too - Emi, Cash and Targett can't all be fit all of the time and our back ups are a bit too much of a drop in quality right now.

• Like 2

Personally I'd stick with what we have for this season. You don't get much in the Jan window. 

The top 4 isn't gettable now - and unless we are talking major signings I can't see anyone propelling us to the top six.

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think a couple of fullbacks and a keeper will be needed going forward too - Emi, Cash and Targett can't all be fit all of the time and our back ups are a bit too much of a drop in quality right now.

for back ups yeah....I meant first team.

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Personally I'd stick with what we have for this season. You don't get much in the Jan window. 

The top 4 isn't gettable now - and unless we are talking major signings I can't see anyone propelling us to the top six.

Getting someone in and settled for next season may be of value, on the whole though agree with not signing anyone for the sake of it but a DM would definitely be on my list

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

We can't...

Losing Nakamba has scuppered that. We need a DM.

Its more about strengthening the position we have just attained....its so easy to slip from midtable. We need strength in the middle to sustain that.

If we keep playing general midfielders in that role, something will give.....and we will be losing good quality from further upfield.

It needs fixing.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Getting someone in and settled for next season may be of value, on the whole though agree with not signing anyone for the sake of it but a DM would definitely be on my list

Its great but didn't work with Sanson 😞

44 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Kessler Hayden is the RB option with Young getting a 1 year extension. Agree on LB / GK. Also need a new CB one who can displace Mings or Konsa

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Also need a new CB one who can displace Mings or Konsa

I'm happy enough with Mings and Konsa - in the summer we'll need two though, one to replace the on loan Tuanzebe and one to replace the out of contract Kortney Hause.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We have to be mindful of not impairing the progress of the kids.....They are really showing development growth.

Ramsey, is just about established, Carney is knocking the door, Timmy is in the wings as with JPB.

53 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Personally i think the critical positions we need in Jan are left back (to challenge Targett) and DM (a key starter), anything else can wait tbh.

For right back, i would just recall Guilbert tbh, and reassess further requirements in the summer.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Personally i think the critical positions we need in Jan are left back (to challenge Targett) and DM (a key starter), anything else can wait tbh.

For right back, i would just recall Guilbert tbh, and reassess further requirements in the summer.

but young can cover left back?

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

but young can cover left back?

urm, ye, but can he, really?

Maybe under Smith he could, but i question whether he can cover the all action full back requirements under a Gerrard system?, especially if Targett got injured and he had to do it for multiple games in a row.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

urm, ye, but can he, really?

Maybe under Smith he could, but i question whether he can cover the all action full back requirements under a Gerrard system?, especially if Targett got injured and he had to do it for multiple games in a row.

He played left wing back for Conte who is more demanding of his wing backs. 

Only concern about Young would be his legs