January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Don't care who we bring in.  NSWE's regime has a fantastic track record when it comes to new signings, so I'll trust them to get it right again.  Would love to see us try to sell on some of the fringe players, though.  El Ghazi, Trez, Wesley, Davis, Hause (Contract expiring this season), etc.  

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Gerrard wants more cover at fullback.

Can absolutely see us moving for a LB in Jan.

Interesting to see what he does at RB with Cash, Guilbert and Kesler. Assuming nothing till summer. I'd like Kesler deputising but might be in line for a Championship loan.

That is good news, we do need LB cover. The really interesting thing is whether we bring in a LB to be cover for Targett or do we bring in a 1st 11 starter that will compete with Targett for the shirt

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Lucas Digne, anyone?

Certainly interesting to see where he ends up! Seen him linked to Juve and alleged wages of £119k. He'd be a great signing for whoever gets him.

Would imagine the wages and fact he's leaving his current club due to falling out with the manager would be blocker for us but would certainly be a coup signing.

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Lucas Digne, anyone?

Not for me, I guess he's leaving Everton because they're a bit shit and he's given up, blissfully unaware that Everton are a bit shit because players like him have given up... 

I'm also not completely writing Targett off, I think he's good enough that we can scout well and go buy a development talent, said katterbach here a few times and last season would have added netz to that too, not sure who that player is but I'm not a scout... A 18 to 21 year old who comes in as cover, that competes with Targett than overtakes him within 18 months, I think we're in that good position to be able to do it, same at RB but I obviously hope Kesler means we already have him 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not for me, I guess he's leaving Everton because they're a bit shit and he's given up, blissfully unaware that Everton are a bit shit because players like him have given up... 

I'm also not completely writing Targett off, I think he's good enough that we can scout well and go buy a development talent, said katterbach here a few times and last season would have added netz to that too, not sure who that player is but I'm not a scout... A 18 to 21 year old who comes in as cover, that competes with Targett than overtakes him within 18 months, I think we're in that good position to be able to do it, same at RB but I obviously hope Kesler means we already have him 

Tbf to him I think he's off because they're a bit shit and he's angry about the decline and has fallen out with Rafa about it. 

His attitude about whether he's been telling the truth about being sick or not to get out of playing for Rafa can absolutely be questioned but I don't think he has given up

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

35 million million…what is that, £35,000,000,000,000.  I’m not sure he’s quite worth that. 😂

MM is what they use for Million in the US, particularly in business & accounting. It comes from Roman numerals where M is a thousand and therefore MM is one thousand thousands which is a million 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

MM is what they use for Million in the US, particularly in business & accounting. It comes from Roman numerals where M is a thousand and therefore MM is one thousand thousands which is a million 

Yeah I know that but I did not think he’s from the US and as far as I’m aware it’s never been used in terms football transfers on this website, in relation to Villa generally or the PL.  It was a valid joke 😉

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yeah I know that but I did not think he’s from the US and as far as I’m aware it’s never been used in terms football transfers on this website, in relation to Villa generally or the PL.  It was a valid joke 😉

I haven't seen it used in football transfers either. I am not US nor live there but I worked for a US company for the last 20 years and I have found myself writing MM for million by default as I am used to it in the day job. I do refuse to write color or neighbor though :)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'd like David Raum from Hoffenheim, I feel like he's going places and would still leave the door open for Targett. but I think he only moved there this summer

Sounds like early onset dementia.

It's a different day and age now, this is dangerous.