Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I might be bringing my 9 year old to this game so we could potentially both move over. Shes moaned before about there not being enough singing.

Any chance you can maybe DM what’s planned ?  Thanks.

For the Liverpool game...........We need Dave Chance to sing "You'll never walk alone".. at half time.

That gets the Holte End going.🤣

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, TRO said:

For the Liverpool game...........We need Dave Chance to sing "You'll never walk alone".. at half time.

That gets the Holte End going.🤣

I remember that like it was yesterday. I still can't believe one person involved in arranging the festivities at Villa Park that day thought it was a good idea, let alone it making through any planning meeting. Crazy.

On 08/04/2024 at 19:54, nick76 said:

Definitely a tv problem imo.  To me it feels about the same, we had that period, then it notched down a bit under Gerrard but it’s definitely back now since Emery came in.

Fair enough.

Watch mainly on TNT Sport and Sky Sports.

Where do they film? Hear the occasional Allez Allez and Villa Villa Villa, but otherwise it sounds very quiet from the TV

13 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Fair enough.

Watch mainly on TNT Sport and Sky Sports.

Where do they film? Hear the occasional Allez Allez and Villa Villa Villa, but otherwise it sounds very quiet from the TV

Don’t know where they film but really chants include players chants/songs about McGinn, Bailey, Diaby, Martinez, Luiz, Ramsey, along with general chants about Villa so there is definitely some wrong about the mics.  Of course the atmosphere could be improved and several groups are trying to improve that but being a season ticket holder I can hear the significant difference between being there compared to the few games I’ve missed and listened on tv.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Don’t know where they film but really chants include players chants/songs about McGinn, Bailey, Diaby, Martinez, Luiz, Ramsey, along with general chants about Villa so there is definitely some wrong about the mics.  Of course the atmosphere could be improved and several groups are trying to improve that but being a season ticket holder I can hear the significant difference between being there compared to the few games I’ve missed and listened on tv.

Good to hear pal :) 

Thinking of finding a week next season to travel.

My 2 boys are Villa obsessed

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yeah that’s fair enough mate and a perfectly good reason . I get the club needs to try and bridge some of the gap with the clubs above us but it’s been a big hike for fans. When you have a few empty seats like against Brentford though it does question the apparent 30k waiting list. 

Should note that I'm on the waiting list for a season ticket, but would have to think seriously about whether I could afford it if I was offered one now though with the price inflation since I initially put my name down a few years ago. I'd be pretty likely to turn it down if offered one this summer (which is doubtful anyway)

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We sold out against Brentford so those empty seats were season ticket holder seats that couldn’t make it. I was unable to sell my seat so gave it away. 

The 30k waiting list is probably real but how many people just join the list but would never buy a season ticket if got a chance?

In terms of the atmosphere it’s hard to understand why it goes so quiet. I sat Trinity for the first time in a while against Wolves and was shocked at how quiet it was compared to where I normally sit in the Doug Ellis.

I thought that but thought it was too much of a coincidence to have rows and rows of empty seats together in that one block of Doug Ellis stand.  

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I thought that but thought it was too much of a coincidence to have rows and rows of empty seats together in that one block of Doug Ellis stand.  

They could be the LG or TV ones they couldn't sell at full price so put on general sale too late

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I might be bringing my 9 year old to this game so we could potentially both move over. Shes moaned before about there not being enough singing.

10 pints before kick off in town mate, if we're allowed mate, then same after mate

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The block, was it in the upper tier and closest to the Holte End?

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

DM'd you mate 👍

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

They could be the LG or TV ones they couldn't sell at full price so put on general sale too late

Pisses me off that they leave things so late. It must sell out before people’s resale tickets go on sale which is stupid. Put them on when it’s close to selling out to give people more options and a chance of getting 2/3 seats together. 

• Like 1

Have now had two emails off the club in the space of a week offering me 30% off a renewed Claret membership (let mine expire due to being priced out of regular attendance by the increase in ticket prices).

Could just be a cynical attempt by the club to rake in more passive income, but interesting that people are starting to notice empty seats and the club has sanctioned a new supporters group within the stadium.

Can't help but wonder if they're realising they've overplayed their hand slightly with the combination of price increases, TV and LG and want to get disgruntled core supporters back on side

54 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Lower tier next to holte 

I know the upper tier blocks nearest the Holte End of both the Trinity and D E stands are reserved for the LG, as I regularly watch those blocks fill up noticeably late (a few mins before k.o.). Presumably they have made the most of the hospitality and then had to walk around from under the Holte. Not sure about the lower D.E. as it's less in my eye line from my Upper Holte seat.

13 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

and the club has sanctioned a new supporters group within the stadium.

Can't help but wonder if they're realising they've overplayed their hand slightly with the combination of price increases, TV and LG and want to get disgruntled core supporters back on side

I have to say that at the moment the 1897 Group (which is open to any Villa fan as discussed above in this thread) whom I believe you're referring to when you say 'new supporters group' will only have the opportunity to be together inside the stadium potentially when the away team's support doesn't take up the full allocation, it is not right in my opinion to suggest or push to displace existing supporters who have just as much right to be inside the stadium as anyone else. Although I will add I was pleasantly surprised at how willing to liaise with the group the club were from the off but I don't see any evidence in my opinion to suspect it's related to the issues you've mentioned. 

Edited by wedge
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Pisses me off that they leave things so late. It must sell out before people’s resale tickets go on sale which is stupid. Put them on when it’s close to selling out to give people more options and a chance of getting 2/3 seats together. 

My ticket went on resale the evening before so I thought they must have sold out. 

it seems to me, the reaction of the crowd, is linked to the events on the field of play.

Personally, I think the atmosphere is good, from my vantage point, in the Doug Ellis....The Holte end is usually in full voice, particularly, when we are on the front foot, scoring or in transition.

When we are in containing mode, which is necessary at times, their can be a relative dip in noise...and a kinda pensive silence.....or when we have a brain fart, like Saturday, that tends to dampen the enthusiasm.

It does tend to be a synergy, thing , between crowd, and the events of play.

I think the Etihad seems a bit quiet at times, too, maybe it's linked to the way they play, despite how good they are. It could be the same for us.

Edited by TRO

Â