Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

On 11/03/2024 at 11:17, markavfc40 said:

The atmosphere was flat yesterday right from the off. I don't think early kick offs help and that applies to all teams not just us. I'd say 90% of the early kick offs I've been to on a Saturday or Sunday the atmosphere hasn't been as good as a 3pm or later kick off and nowhere near a night game. You then add in the dire wet/grey weather which  I also don't think helped. The game never really got going in the first half either aside from 3 or 4 decent breaks/moves by us so the atmosphere was never lifted/ignited by what happened on the pitch. Spurs support was really poor as well. 

Right at the beginning the Holte (and Trinity) was trying but the flipping tannoy music was drowning us out. It's THE most annoying thing about matchdays, they need to sort it cos it puts people off trying

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Brighton last season (Sunday 4pm) and Man City this season (Wed 8pm) my best ever two home games for atmosphere. 

Man City this season was purely because we dominated from minute one. The half time ovation was one of the loudest I've ever heard. I think max effort from players helps too

• Like 1

From his Ajax press conference:

Unai Emery on the importance of playing at Villa Park: "It's very, very, important.

"The supporters are excited and motivated, like me, and like the players, to be in Europe.

"We have to try to connect with them, transmitting their energy."

The light shows against Sheffield United and Newcastle just went so well we must do another one. 

I really don't get them. They are shit. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Check out their twitter tonight, the club didn't support them

Sorry mate, I don't use twitter, thanks for sharing that. 

Why would the club not be behind it? Is it fear of an 'ultras' culture? 

Indeed, it is curious. Of course there could be two sides to it as with everything else.

I am just linking to what project B6 are saying themselves and it sort of fits with how I generally feel about the direction of things off the pitch over the past year or so.

4 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Indeed, it is curious. Of course there could be two sides to it as with everything else.

I am just linking to what project B6 are saying themselves and it sort of fits with how I generally feel about the direction of things off the pitch over the past year or so.

Appreciate it, I've no problem with the B6 or the Brigada projects, it's a shame the club don't support them.

I know many here disagree with me, and I get a fair bit of ridicule about how I feel about certain things off the pitch, but when a club sort of shows disdain for its own fans it never ends well.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I know many here disagree with me, and I get a fair bit of ridicule about how I feel about certain things off the pitch, but when a club sort of shows disdain for its own fans it never ends well.

We've got 3 threads in Future Brand Identity, Villa Park redevelopment, and here, where the recurring theme is either confusion due to poor comms (Club Badge and Villa Park Redevelopment) or just open dismissal of fan opinion altogether (Club Badge and the Atmosphere).

Shows the magnitude of the issue. It's not ideal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wishywashy said:

We've got 3 threads in Future Brand Identity, Villa Park redevelopment, and here, where the recurring theme is either confusion due to poor comms (Club Badge and Villa Park Redevelopment) or just open dismissal of fan opinion altogether (Club Badge and the Atmosphere).

Shows the magnitude of the issue. It's not ideal.

Maybe reflect the size of the club. In that we are too big to been seen as a small 'family' club, but not at the slick all-conquering super size uber club stage yet. 

6 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Like 1

Â