Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

Didn't go yesterday but I can't think of a game that I have been this season where I thought the atmosphere was good. I haven't been to loads of games mind.

I wish they'd stop playing that **** awful Crazy Train before every game

20 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Maybe not the right thread for this, but there a fairly young bloke who sits about 7 rows behind me in K7 who might be the angriest person I’ve ever encountered.

I hear him throughout every game screaming, shouting, effing and jeffing. He must think everybody thinks he’s funny and everybody wants to hear what he has to say. 

A few weeks he booed and shouted “fk off with your fkin woke bollocks” when a message about Villa Park not tolerating homophobia, racism and sexism etc was played over the speakers and on the big screens.

Yesterday he was shouting homophobic shit and screamed racist stuff about Son.

So yeah, I’m going to report the c***.

For clarity, I'm liking it for the final line :D 

• Haha 1

There’s nothing different this season to any other. Atmosphere is usually always shit, we don’t need to pretend otherwise.

We just sprinkle in a couple games every season where it’s immense. 

Atmosphere is absolutely ruined by the insistence on blaring music and annocements at head splitting decibels.

No opportunity for anyone or stand to actually do what we used to do. 

Currently a survey out in Ireland on this issue about croak/avia Park. Huge numbers replied with the most important thing to do, to improve atmosphere, was to get rid of piped music and annocement systems being toned/turned down or off. 

Biggest way to improve atmosphere is to actually leave it to us. 

Yesterday was rubbish from start to finish and every game has been this season with the exception of arsenal. Been a season ticket holder since 2018 and its invariably poor. Not like the days on the holte in the 80s or 90s when I was last there regularly. Been taking the boy since '19 and I keep telling him about what it used to be like.....because he's never seen/heard/experienced it. 

My childhood is not his....massively for the worse if I'm honest. Phones, social media, wealth, all on a plate. I'd swap all that for him to have been by my side, on the holte, mid-week, European night, god at the back and the smells and sounds and squeeze of those times. 

Games gone....I'm sad to say. Replaced with corporate, seating, man City and sky TV.

Not the same and it makes me sad. 

• Like 3

It's been floated on here before, but is there somebody on this forum that sits on this advisory board: https://www.avfc.co.uk/fans/fan-engagement/fan-advisory-board ?

It says VillaTalk on it.

I would do it but would imagine whoever is involved has more clout.

Is this public address system (thank you @The Fun Factory) ever discussed? I would imagine if they did a poll as mentioned by @tommytenjobs it would be overwhelmingly against the music. I would love to get the club aware of this issue.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 16.40.43.png

Most of the articles are behind pay walls but this is a bit of a summary of discussions. 

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/2023/01/19/a-pub-with-a-match-on-in-the-background-readers-views-on-rugby-internationals-at-the-aviva-stadium/

Day trippers, poor service, too much alcohol, music at tries etc. Mostly a rugby view so it's different...buy some similar issues and thoughts about the possible direction of the club in terms of tourist tickets and hospitality focus cooperate whoring. 

We could start by retiring that **** Allez Allez Allez song - It's great if you're 3-0 up and in total control, it's pish when it's 0-0 or we're losing.

I have also noticed there seems to be a group of fans on the far lefthand side of the Lower Holte (where Brigada used to be, more or less) or tend to start most of the songs in the Holte End, it wouldn't take much more to join in to make it a little more 'effective'

20 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Maybe not the right thread for this, but there a fairly young bloke who sits about 7 rows behind me in K7 who might be the angriest person I’ve ever encountered.

I hear him throughout every game screaming, shouting, effing and jeffing. He must think everybody thinks he’s funny and everybody wants to hear what he has to say. 

A few weeks he booed and shouted “fk off with your fkin woke bollocks” when a message about Villa Park not tolerating homophobia, racism and sexism etc was played over the speakers and on the big screens.

This is sad to hear. He is lucky he didn’t get arrested.

It’s due to this kind of person I never sit in the Holte anymore.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

Didn't go yesterday but I can't think of a game that I have been this season where I thought the atmosphere was good. I haven't been to loads of games mind.

I wish they'd stop playing that **** awful Crazy Train before every game

Atmosphere was great against Arsenal and from what I hear against City too. 

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeah, winning games we don't expect to win is about the only thing that really creates an atmosphere.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I didn't go to either of those 

i dont think we play well after the big firework display or the light show, maybe thats because its more recent and our recent form has dipped but the big tv games where we give it the big un pre game we then dont play well, we need some more 3pm saturday afternoon kick offs away from the cameras

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I think not winning the away game may help the atmosphere a bit on Thursday.

A repeat of the 2008 atmosphere against would be nice.

contender for best home game I've been to, that night was absolutely rocking

On 11/03/2024 at 14:54, Paddywhack said:

Please do go through with reporting him. We don’t want that sort of person in Villa Park.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i dont think we play well after the big firework display or the light show, maybe thats because its more recent and our recent form has dipped but the big tv games where we give it the big un pre game we then dont play well, we need some more 3pm saturday afternoon kick offs away from the cameras

contender for best home game I've been to, that night was absolutely rocking

Brighton last season (Sunday 4pm) and Man City this season (Wed 8pm) my best ever two home games for atmosphere. 

Edited by ender4

On 11/03/2024 at 14:54, Paddywhack said:

Deffo report the idiot

Â