Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

Just now, Creeper said:

One thing I've noticed. Why do fans boo when we're walking up to take a corner? Am i missing something here?

It’s for the Luiz side corner. They’re saying shoot. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

When VP is like it was today it is the greatest place on earth. It was rocking. I know I am biased but I do think you give us as fans a sniff of success or when our backs are to the wall we are up there with the best fans in the country.

I think we are too harsh on ourselves at times and judge our support when in mid/lower table mediocrity and nowhere is going to be rocking then. 

Ahem to that. I just hope all of the planned corporatisation and cheese rooms in the redevelopment plans don't ruin it.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Creeper said:

One thing I've noticed. Why do fans boo when we're walking up to take a corner? Am i missing something here?

Shooooot. 

Yes it was really excellent on Saturday. Off the back of a couple of losses too. 

I disagree with Pat Murphy - there were some great atmospheres with Deano in the Championship, the play off semi against Baggies comes to mind, but that was as good as I can remember it for a Premier League game. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Love this clip from Saturday. Imagine being an away fan and all you can hear is:

#fortress

Agree.

This tune starting to get old and overused though.

Some new tunes would be cool.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If we can make Europe on the final day of the season, we need to make a proper racket at VP, something like Everton at home in August 2019. I was in the north stand upper and it was definitely one of the better atmospheres since we have come back up, you couldnt hear the spurs fans at all, they were very poor and dejected. I've seen better there though, for me that everton game was nuts, it helped that it was an evening kick off, baggies 4 years ago although it was an early kick off was mental in the upper holte, the place seemed packed to the rafters and was loads of fans in different rows where they shouldnt have been, everyone was standing and it was fantastic so no one cared really!

We battered them in that game aswell and had a lot more shots, more of the ball and loads of passes, was a cracking game finished off by that hourihane finish

Edited by Villatillidie95
  • Like 1

On 13/05/2023 at 20:50, Vive_La_Villa said:

They don’t play sweet Caroline anymore. But I agree about there being no need for a song.

Shame they dont play oasis anymore. Those were the days

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

If we can make Europe on the final day of the season, we need to make a proper racket at VP, something like Everton at home in August 2019. I was in the north stand upper and it was definitely one of the better atmospheres since we have come back up, you couldnt hear the spurs fans at all, they were very poor and dejected. I've seen better there though, for me that everton game was nuts, it helped that it was an evening kick off, baggies 4 years ago although it was an early kick off was mental in the upper holte, the place seemed packed to the rafters and was loads of fans in different rows where they shouldnt have been, everyone was standing and it was fantastic so no one cared really!

We battered them in that game aswell and had a lot more shots, more of the ball and loads of passes, was a cracking game finished off by that hourihane finish

If Europe is possible on the last day, I’d fancy us despite Brighton’s form. The energy is infectious and intimidating for the away team. It’s the spark VP has been looking for for years. The cusp of something new and before the welcome is worn out. The fans can get us over the line if it’s what’s needed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

My thoughts exactly mate, we're all pulling in the same direction and the atmosphere is so much better off for it. We've done a lot of soul-searching in the mirror as a fanbase this season about the Villa Park atmosphere but credit to the fans we've made improvements within ourselves and also the performances on the pitch have taken the roof off the place to be honest in the second half of the season.

• Like 1

I can't wait for next Sunday, the atmosphere should be special.

Looks like there is plenty of talk on social media regarding welcoming the team bus with pyro, flags and scarves etc.

It's going to be epic, really hope we get the job done and secure a UECL position, we deserve it, fans, players and coaching staff alike.

:flag:

• Like 2

It would be good to welcome the coach, we have a great, long straight road that is perfect to line up along. Remember Everton doing that last year before they managed to stay up, it looked decent on TV. Don't think its something i've seen us do since supporting the club though so seems like a good plan! Sunday is going to be brilliant, I personally am going to make full use of the bank holiday the next day and make sure i am in a merry, lively mood on match day so i can play my part and help to make a racket!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, wedge said:

I can't wait for next Sunday, the atmosphere should be special.

Looks like there is plenty of talk on social media regarding welcoming the team bus with pyro, flags and scarves etc.

It's going to be epic, really hope we get the job done and secure a UECL position, we deserve it, fans, players and coaching staff alike.

:flag:

Quite a common theme on Merseyside that kind of welcome is 

Â