Las Vegas Villains

HalfTimePost

Thing is it has to be a name where you can put a monster or a fish or whatever on the logo. Villain is wrong from a Aston Villa standpoint but makes sense from a US one. Much easier to sell merch to people if there is some sort of villain on it than if there is a large house I'd imagine.

And in the grand scheme of things an extra i in the name of a different club and entity is the most minimal of complaints.

I'd be surprised if City fans spend a huge amount of time poring through the other City Group clubs. It'll do the brand a world of good and allow us to start harvesting kids from America - and more importantly, Latin America - eventually hopefully leveraging the relationship similarly to Udinese / Watford just at a higher level.

Great place to send our U18s or even some U23s for match experience too.

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Great place to send our U18s or even some U23s for match experience too.

Hmm, young footballers with more money than sense living in Las Vegas. What could possibly go wrong :D 

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

The extra i is really annoying. Liked the Vegas Villa suggestion someone posted in another thread.

Even long time Villa fans spell it Villains or Villians. Even players do. Grealish tweeted "Villians" once.

Obviously it's a subtle difference, but for marketing purposes in the USA, I can see why they want to spell it Villains.

The average Las Vegas resident that they want to attract will probably never have heard of Aston Villa, and if they have they probably don't know we're called the Villans without an I.

Also, MLS and the city of LV itself might object to the name Villains. We'll see.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

It'll do the brand a world of good and allow us to start harvesting kids from America - and more importantly, Latin America 

It actually seems like the USA is producing more promising young players these days than most Latin countries.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

It actually seems like the USA is producing more promising young players these days than most Latin countries.

Canada also bringing through some quality youngsters.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

But it looks like a spelling mistake to pretty much anyone who isn't a Villa fan - I swear even some of our fans and players have spelt it with an I before.

Can't have everything Tomothy

Don't care, looks wrong.

I can and I will!

• Haha 2

You guys are whining about one little letter? Aston Villa are the Villans. Las Vegas are the Villains. It's close enough that there's an obvious connection and Villains just works better for the US market. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaJ100 said:

Hopefully we can send all our academy players who don't make it there for exorbitant not in any way suspicious sums

Designated player rules so unlikely unless they want the team to tank every season.

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

Well,thats the name covered.Any idear what the strip will be ?

The Las Vegas strip? Should be vibrant and colorful surely.

Edited by sne
  • Haha 2

Villains and Raiders has some symmetry, so there’s a connection both to the NFL team and the club just by adding an i. 

Don’t know if they’d use club colors or try to match Allegiant and the Raiders by going silver and black. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

So is it just Edens involved in this, or is Sawiris involved as well? Seen a few sources say Edens and seen others say NSWE…

The application is under the NSWE corporation.

They've applied for Las Vegas Villains and Vegas Villains so far, both at the start of June.

I think the Edens thing just comes from previous reports that he was looking to create a club in the MLS and obvious links to American sport he'll be seen as the figurehead over Nassef even if it's more 50/50 in reality. Similarly how most sites talking about our owners wealth just use Nassef as he's richer rather than combining the two as joint owners, they just choose the most relevant one.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

Â