Las Vegas Villains

HalfTimePost

Las Vegas the frontrunner to host MLS's 30th team (rte.ie)

Major League Soccer's 30th franchise could be destined for the Strip.

Las Vegas has become the frontrunner to land the latest MLS expansion team, Sportico reported, citing a source familiar with the league's thinking.

Multiple bids are in play. Both Vegas Golden Knights owner Bill Foley and Milwaukee Bucks co-owner Wes Edens are hopeful of putting an expansion franchise in Allegiant Stadium, the new home of the Las Vegas Raiders. Foley and Edens are part of different, competing groups.

read another report, the other bidder wants to stick the team at cashman field which is the stadium used by the USL team, i would guess that the MLS would love a bid that was paired with the raiders stadium which sounds like what Wes is trying to do

sacramento are out due to covid impacting their investor

there is the next meeting scheduled for 25th august

this was all reported in the yank press yesterday too, its just Edens, surprised it was missed but then the trademark application was spotted

Edited by villa4europe

5 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Putting the shoe on the other foot, I would not want my local team to be a satellite club for a Premier League side. For those outside of the UK, would you support a club in your locality that is part of CFG, RedBull, etc.?

US sport is different thou. It's not really a club, it's a franchise that could any day be moved to a new city who offers a more interesting prospect to earn money from.

• Like 2

On 14/08/2021 at 12:20, nepal_villan said:

Putting the shoe on the other foot, I would not want my local team to be a satellite club for a Premier League side. For those outside of the UK, would you support a club in your locality that is part of CFG, RedBull, etc.?

It’s exactly the sort of thing that Man City/Chelsea would be criticised by our fans for :D 

Well if this actually does happen and any of ya'll come over to Vegas to watch them play I'll meet you there and show you some good places to go.

Just be forewarned some of the places are off the beaten path a little bit👍🤫

17 hours ago, Big Salad said:

Well if this actually does happen and any of ya'll come over to Vegas to watch them play I'll meet you there and show you some good places to go.

Just be forewarned some of the places are off the beaten path a little bit👍🤫

Is... Is that a threat?

On 14/08/2021 at 13:20, nepal_villan said:

Norwegian football is based on grassroots, democratic membership clubs, even more so than in e.g. Germany. I wouldn’t want any international ownership group meddling in that at all cost. US sports is very different. 

Then there are other factors in play for both RedBull and certainly CFG that make them unpallatable, of course. 

17 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Is it? 

Yeah - at least in part.

It's quite fun to see your team branded elsewhere.  An entirely new team (Las Vegas Villains) would be cool (to me), but the globalisation of a football group can rip out the tradition/heart of other clubs IMO.  See; "Montevideo City Torque".  

Just now, bobzy said:

Yeah - at least in part.

It's quite fun to see your team branded elsewhere.  An entirely new team (Las Vegas Villains) would be cool (to me), but the globalisation of a football group can rip out the tradition/heart of other clubs IMO.  See; "Montevideo City Torque".  

I don’t think Villa fans have been particularly critical of these groups’ involvement in US soccer, though. In already established clubs and more traditional football cultures, I concur wholeheartedly. RB Leibzig and RB Salzburg? Yuck. 

55 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

We already have the Etihad group.Man $ity,New York $ity and even Melborne $ity.

They have 7  football clubs in the group now.

I hope NSWE do similar.

Edited by ender4

Â