Las Vegas Villains

HalfTimePost

2 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

If they're going to worry about spelling it properly they should just be Las Vegas Villa. 

Villains gives a solid nod without being too obvious. I'm supportive of it. 

You've convinced me.

Vegas is a tremendous place to visit after having done it myself a couple of times so I can easily see why they would want to put an MLS team there. The NFL's Raiders and the NHL'S Golden Knights tend to get very good crowds and I'm quite sure this team would also especially since the nearest MLS team to Vegas is Real Salt Lake which is around 6 hours away.

Also, go gamble and watch some Vegas Showgirls right before the game. What's not to like?

From the Wes Edens thread

On 11/08/2021 at 17:21, sne said:

Milwaukee Bucks co-owner Wes Edens is one of a handful of people trying to lure a Major League Soccer team to Las Vegas as the city emerges as the most likely location for the league’s 30th franchise.

Edens and Vegas Golden Knights owner Bill Foley are part of separate groups hoping to bring an expansion franchise to Allegiant Stadium, the $2 billion home of the Las Vegas Raiders, according to multiple people familiar with the plans. Another group, backed by the Renaissance Companies, is looking to bring a team to Cashman Field, home of the city’s USL franchise. A representative for MLS declined to comment on the expansion.

A spokesman for Edens also declined to comment, and a representative for Foley didn’t immediately respond to a request. Co-founder of Fortress Investment Group, Edens’ sports holding include the Bucks, English soccer club Aston Villa, and esports organization FlyQuest. He has direct business ties to Las Vegas, as well. Fortress is backing Brightline West, a high-speed rail project hoping to connect Las Vegas to Los Angeles

https://sports.yahoo.com/wes-edens-backs-mls-expansion-150603202.html

10 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Vegas is a tremendous place to visit after having done it myself a couple of times so I can easily see why they would want to put an MLS team there. The NFL's Raiders and the NHL'S Golden Knights tend to get very good crowds and I'm quite sure this team would also especially since the nearest MLS team to Vegas is Real Salt Lake which is around 6 hours away.

Also, go gamble and watch some Vegas Showgirls right before the game. What's not to like?

It's one of the last places I'd want to go tbh - looks awful. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's one of the last places I'd want to go tbh - looks awful. 

It's not for everyone. Including me, especially since I don't gamble anymore! 

Long term, Vegas is going to be an environmental hellscape. I'd hate to live there, too.

Sorry to be negative, but I'd prefer it if Edens channeled his money into Villa's football exploits, not an MLS start up.

Â