Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

38 minutes ago, Villa Gaffa said:

I wonder if being one of the favourites for the European Conference League and us likely to go deep into the competition gain us any new sponsors/partners.

What are the viewing ratings like for this competition ? 

Premier League by far more watched than ECL.

I think only Champions League is a real boost

I think the Conference league has probably picked up a bit more coverage and a bit more value by virtue of it's winners - Roma and West Ham are notable clubs and give the competition a feeling of legitimacy. Hopefully if we can continue that, it'll hold some value for us as a commercial entity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

If nothing else, the extra income from prize money will be a boost;

Qualified to Group Stage: €2,940,000

Match won in Group Stage: €500,000

Match drawn in Group Stage: €166,000

1st in Group Stage: €650,000

2nd in Group Stage: €325,000

Knockout round play-offs: €300,000

Round of 16: €600,000

Quarter-final: €1,000,000

Semi-final: €2,000,000

Runner-up: €3,000,000

Champion: €5,000,000

Extra money from at least 4 extra home games too (Hibs plus the group). There isn't a huge amount of money in getting to the latter stages, but we'd end up with circa €15m with ticket sales if we got to the semis, which is more than we get from our main sponsor per year. 

Yeah not to be scoffed at.

It all adds up.

19 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Extra money from at least 4 extra home games too (Hibs plus the group). There isn't a huge amount of money in getting to the latter stages, but we'd end up with circa €15m with ticket sales if we got to the semis, which is more than we get from our main sponsor per year. 

That’s a good boost to revenue! 

£2.9m just for qualifying - done.

Finish top of group by winning 4 games - £2.6m

10 hours ago, ender4 said:

When you think about it, for winning the competetion, plus selling Rice, West Ham have made a shed load of money over the past season.

• Like 1

On 08/09/2023 at 12:48, StewieGriffin said:

On 09/09/2023 at 08:48, ender4 said:

Presumably if we win it we don't also get the semi final payout? Similarly for the earlier knockout stages?

What's the max we can earn?

2.9m - qualify

+ 6m - win every group game

+650k win the group... then 

+ 5m win the tournament?

the main reason to win it is to see villa win a trophy. I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of this message board has never seen villa win a trophy. 

What I also know is that success breeds success. We now largely sell out every week and we've not done anything to warrant that. I think being any sort of trophy winner will definitely increase our commercial opportunities 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Remember the players get increased wages because they qualified for Europe. They play a load of extra games etc..

Will they get wage increases?

I'd have thought they'd get a bonus for the qualification and the opportunity to earn more win bonus's that comes with more games, but I wouldn't imagine they'd have an increase in their basic wage.

50 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Will they get wage increases?

I'd have thought they'd get a bonus for the qualification and the opportunity to earn more win bonus's that comes with more games, but I wouldn't imagine they'd have an increase in their basic wage.

It's part of their contracts, ie their base salary goes up for the season based on Qualification (different levels based on competition). The bonuses are paid on how well we do in competitions (mainly PL). 

On 10/09/2023 at 17:02, cheltenham_villa said:

the main reason to win it is to see villa win a trophy. I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of this message board has never seen villa win a trophy. 

What I also know is that success breeds success. We now largely sell out every week and we've not done anything to warrant that. I think being any sort of trophy winner will definitely increase our commercial opportunities 

Ive only seen us ein 3 in my life time

The coca cup against utd and leeds

[This one dbnt really count but was like a trophy, winning play off]

Â