Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

It's interesting and I'd love to know how they'll ticket it - do you get the women's game free with your season ticket for the mens team?

At a lot of the women's games where there are really big attendances, you find that a lot of the tickets have been given away. Here I guess Spurs stadium allows them to balance the amount of money they can generate by having the remains of an existing crowd in place and their spending on stuff like food and programmes against what they'd make from selling tickets for the women.

I'd imagine they can make more by keeping 20,000 people in the stadium for three hours longer than they can by trying to sell tickets for their women's team.

But then, if you're a big fan of the women's team how do you get a ticket for the women's game if you first need a ticket to the mens game?

They do it at Edgbaston for the cricket and it never seems to quite work for me.

I reckon there will be an 'intermission' or something along those lines, where there is an hour or so between the games, so if they market it as part of the package, then people can go and get some food and drink for themsleves and the family, or they will have a period where the sets of fans change. Maybe 1/3 will take up an option for both games at a higher price, and the others you can purchase separately.

Interesting article in The Times by Matt Dickinson discussing American owners and how they will try to change the premier league models in future, obviously the super league was the big one last year but introduction of dynamic pricing and contradiction of revenue disparity between season ticket holders who might pay a few hundred a year for a ticket and a beer at half time against 'tourist fans' who will pay top dollar for a ticket once a year and lots more on merchandise and hospitality.

He also mentions that Boehly, when he first came into chelsea, mentioned the idea of premier league relegation playoff. I trust our ownership to be responsible and make changes in a way which benefit both the clubs and fans interests, but i think in all clubs we will start to see a big focus on revenue. Its not just in football but in many industries and companies, if they are listed on the NYSE or NASDAQ for example you will see a lot of 'economic restraint' and cutbacks and things like that, as the bottom line is very important to these entities.

On 05/05/2023 at 19:10, OutByEaster? said:

It's interesting and I'd love to know how they'll ticket it - do you get the women's game free with your season ticket for the mens team?

At a lot of the women's games where there are really big attendances, you find that a lot of the tickets have been given away. Here I guess Spurs stadium allows them to balance the amount of money they can generate by having the remains of an existing crowd in place and their spending on stuff like food and programmes against what they'd make from selling tickets for the women.

I'd imagine they can make more by keeping 20,000 people in the stadium for three hours longer than they can by trying to sell tickets for their women's team.

But then, if you're a big fan of the women's team how do you get a ticket for the women's game if you first need a ticket to the mens game?

They do it at Edgbaston for the cricket and it never seems to quite work for me.

I am not sure that it will work.  From what I have read - the demographic of fans at the big women's matches is quite different to that at the average men's match.  It also seems like if the men's attendance is 35,000 and the women's 20,000 - then rather than the 20,000 being a sub-set of the initial 35,000 - you'd be better to separate the two and have 35,000 in for the first match and 20,000 for the second where maybe 8,000 attend both.  In one scenario you get 35,000 people through the gates and in the other you get 47,000.  I suspect quite a lot of people would be put off attending the women's match if they knew that a proportion of the crowd had been to the men's match first and sunk another 2 or 3 pints before the start of the women's game.

Probably more appropriate to this thread rather than the Aston Villa kit thread, Does anyone have any idea what the new deal with BK8 is and how much it's worth to the club?

Also, What are the chances of the club pulling the plug on the upcoming new sponsorship deal with them?

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Probably more appropriate to this thread rather than the Aston Villa kit thread, Does anyone have any idea what the new deal with BK8 is and how much it's worth to the club?

Also, What are the chances of the club pulling the plug on the upcoming new sponsorship deal with them?

I am not sure the club have even confirmed the deal yet!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It’s just a rumour/leak that they are our new sponsor as it currently stands. 

37 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It’s just a rumour/leak that they are our new sponsor as it currently stands. 

They are our new sponsor - the club won't formally confirm this until the current deal ends due to commercial arrangements with Cazoo - but they absolutely, definitely are going to be our sponsor next season. 

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

To expand on the previous reply you got... we currently get £6m per year from Cazoo.

It's reasonable to assume we would get at least that much now from an equivalently inoffensive non-gambling sponsor. We'd likely get more as we're a healthier proposition than we were when we signed the Cazoo deal.

For arguments sake, let's say we could squeeze 8m out of the next cazoo (cazoo themselves aren't sponsoring clubs anymore).

Purslow saying we got twice whatever we could get from them means we should be on at least £12m per year and possibly even £16m if my pessimistic argument is accurate.

I think our cazoo deal ends after the season so chances are we won't even hear it confirmed until after Brighton, and might not know the figure then anyway.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

See Newcastle have a new Saudi based sponsor which will net them £25mill a season…  

Hopefully next summer will be the last of dodgy Chinese gambling firms and we can attract a better commercial deal across the V.Sports Group…  

Just now, thabucks said:

See Newcastle have a new Saudi based sponsor which will net them £25mill a season…  

Hopefully next summer will be the last of dodgy Chinese gambling firms and we can attract a better commercial deal across the V.Sports Group…  

Dodgy Chinese gambling firms pay the best buck for teams like us. 😊

Unless you're Saudi government you can't "entice" middle eastern companies to fork out £25m to sponsor your team.

24 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Unless you're Saudi government you can't "entice" middle eastern companies to fork out £25m to sponsor your team.

I know that’s why I said next summer … Hopefully we’ll continue our upward trajectory and become a more desirable proposition - plus add in the cross marketing opportunities with Vitoria and the Senegalese academy and Heck’s appointment one can but hope. 

Edited by thabucks

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

BK8 is a three year deal.

And unlike Newcastle we won't leave it early to sign a farcially inflated figure with our owner's company.

Edited by MrBlack

22 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Unless you're Saudi government you can't "entice" the Saudi government to fork out £25m to sponsor your team.

Fixed. ;)

Edited by GlobalVillan

9 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I thought gambling sponsors were banned in 2 years?

Think I read that all contracts already signed will be respected. Ours is the longest at 3 years

• Thanks 1

This'll be where it's interesting to see how we do post Purslow. Whilst he was the face of everything for the club, it was tough to tell where Purslow was the leading stakeholder (other than in everything we disliked).

By and large, everything has improved over the last 5 years - a testament to him as CEO has accountability for everything. But..

• Player signings could have been Suso, Lange or the Managers.
  • Manager signings likely a group effort (despite our best-guesses) between him, Lange and NSWE
  • Stadium development most likely was Purslow but could easily have been a directive from above.

Commercial Revenue though, that was Purslows game. This'll be where Heck really has to deliver. Its his sole role so no excuses. I do worry what could happen with Price increases though, Purslow was an out-and-out capitalist but PR was also front of mind for him and increases have already been tough...

If Heck isn't as PR-minded we could see some even bigger increases as he chases his Revenue targets.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I came across this, this account rank teams based off the business side of things I think (no clue how they work this out).

i'd love to know how West Ham are valued at almost double what we are, especially as they don't even have a stadium

Â