Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

13 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Despite their best efforts to injure him, can't fault the effort tonight.

Clearly playing through the pain barrier too, that knee's been strapped up for a few weeks.

Just now, wishywashy said:

Clearly playing through the pain barrier too, that knee's been strapped up for a few weeks.

I thought the way one of their players slowed down to deliberately target his knee warranted more than a yellow. It was disgusting. 

Leon looks a lot stronger this season to his credit 

• Like 2

Hopefully he's not aggravated anything that they caused to his knee by playing on last night. Clearly wasn't right. And despite that still put in a decent shift and reasonable performance. Unlucky not to get a goal.

Hopefully spurs drop a clanger against Burnley and it gives us chance to rest him for the remainder of the season, but failing that I do hope he's fit for our last two games as we really struggle to create when Bailey isn't around at the moment. 

38 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

spacer.png

This was a deliberate attempt to injure him. Leon already knocked the ball away from him and he waited to target his knee. 

It was just a late tackle it wasn’t an attempt to injure him

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s not trying to play the ball at all 

Nope and it *looked* like he went for his bad knee to me.

Another coach… 😂

he wasn’t even that… unless he was referring to someone else on the team/staff 😆

“He has had a lot of influence on me and he has brought back my confidence," Bailey told Premier League Productions. "I never once doubted myself coming here. If you watched me before, people know the quality I have and what I can do on the pitch.

“But it’s when players are not happy, you can’t get the best out of them. Unai has given me that confidence again. When Dean left, it was like, ‘okay I came for this person and now they are gone’. 

“Then another coach came in and it was just like, the relationship wasn’t really there, for me. I wasn’t feeling confident and had no comfort. We wouldn’t have chats to let me feel like I was needed here.

“I also felt like I was just another player and I don’t like to feel like that because I know what I am capable of and what I can do when I’m on the pitch. I like to have a relationship with my coach. I think I am like that because of my dad - he is always there. He will make sure that he lets you know that I am good and we are very close and he has been there since I was seven.

“Once I feel that, I will give my everything for that person. I never felt that before Unai came in, at all. When Unai came in, he gave me that feeling of confidence and comfort, the trust, everything. That’s when it changed for me.

“At one point, I was not happy at all and I wanted to leave, but when Unai came in everything changed. He has given everything I need and he is the best manager I have worked with. And I think he will be the best manager that I will work with for a long time. I respect him so much that if I don’t start a game, it doesn’t matter.

“I have that much trust in him and I believe in everything he is doing for the team. He has helped me a lot to really get people to see again what I am able to do. He is very important for us. What he has created has been truly remarkable. He is a really good example of a manager to have and the players really like him.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thought he was very good again and really starting to step up and take leadership in games, at the moment he looks like he can go another level again and looks like one of the best in the league at the moment.

• Like 1

Had it all on mute but what was going on with Bailey and Watkins? I work with a fair few Jamaicans and have only been on the end of that wide eyed expression when I’ve royally **** up. 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Had it all on mute but what was going on with Bailey and Watkins? I work with a fair few Jamaicans and have only been on the end of that wide eyed expression when I’ve royally **** up. 

Guaranteed he went into Patois dialect and cussed him out as well 😂. ( Natural state of angry Yaad man )

To be fair... Ollie had a point.

Leon was offside... But at the same time... Diaby REALLY should have aggressively taken control of the ball.

I'm guessing in the split second Leon decided he had to take the chance and take control.

Ollie and Leon have a good relationship so I'm sure they'll be fine.

Game meant alot to them so it was passion.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

A warrior-like performance from Bailey. He’s clearly carrying an injury but he’s shown so much character and fight lately. Can’t wait to see him again next season fully rested and tearing up the champions league. 

Â