Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

I didn’t watch much of the match but not surprised to hear he was poor again. 

We keep talking about a successful transfer window but the fact this guy still gets game time means it wasn’t that great. Sooner Zaniolo is up to speed, the better.

Poor player. 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

We keep talking about a successful transfer window but the fact this guy still gets game time means it wasn’t that great. Sooner Zaniolo is up to speed, the better.

Poor player. 

Yep, I don't think you can say it's been 100% successful when you choose to start a right back ahead of a £30m winger.

• Haha 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah no other player has ever gone straight down the tunnel... just Leon Bailey. lol

Not a clue what you're talking about.

Today. On the pitch. Would anyone else have huffed and stomped off if they'd been brought on, then off? 

I don't particularly care, I think it's poor though.

I do hope Unai drops him from the squad and he's nowhere near it again though.

Not for anything today. For his general ability, his lack of product at doing anything that helps Aston Villa. A bad bad player.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah no other player has ever gone straight down the tunnel... just Leon Bailey. lol

He beats up fans as well to boot

And takes police on jet ski chases

Remember when Jack Grealish threw his toys out the pram being subbed at the 88th minute when we were comfortably ahed surly it was down to bad attitude? Nope it was his passion and love for Villa of course.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Poor player. 

No I think it means that we've had injury problems. Bailey doesn't get anywhere near the team if Buendia and Ramsey are fit (and the latter will be soon). Zaniolo will also be up to speed soon.

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Would any player have gone down the tunnel instead of sitting with his teammates? Watching the rest of the team playing a match.

McGinn? Watkins? Don't think they'd have gone down the tunnel.

Commentators said he went to sit down then decided to go down the tunnel. Perhaps he went to warm down on the bike in the changing rooms or go for a shit we don't know. 

Just now, Mantis said:

No I think it means that we've had injury problems. Bailey doesn't get anywhere near the team if Buendia and Ramsey are fit (and the latter will be soon). Zaniolo will also be up to speed soon.

Not sure I agree. Emery fancied Bailey over Buendia toward the back end of the last season. Agree re. Ramsey. 

Either way, hope he doesn’t play much this season. Bailey, Traore and Buendia aren’t good enough for a team challenging the top 4

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Poor player. 

He was not. He tracked back, and did more with the poor service he got than any of our other players aside from digne and Luiz.

He had one error where him Watkins miscommunicated but that's on Watkins just as much as Bailey. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Remember when Jack Grealish threw his toys out the pram being subbed at the 88th minute when we were comfortably ahed surly it was down to bad attitude? Nope it was his passion and love for Villa of course.

" Got to love him though... shows he wants to play "

Remember standards fluctuate depending on how much you like/dislike a player.
I can't believe this is actually a " thing ".
Doesn't mean i like it, but our own players have done much worse, and players do the same every day.
It's widely accepted that, being a sub, and being subbed, is embarassing for a player.
That doesn't mean I don't agree with the decision.
As another poster also mentioned, it's as if these players aren't humans.
I liken it to Armchair boxing fans.

dcpassls-min (1).png

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not sure I agree. Emery fancied Bailey over Buendia toward the back end of the last season. Agree re. Ramsey. 

Either way, hope he doesn’t play much this season. Bailey, Traore and Buendia aren’t good enough for a team challenging the top 4

Yeah but we didn't have Diaby or Zaniolo at the end of last season?

My point is that Buendia and Ramsey's injuries are basically the only reason Bailey is getting as many games as he is.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

That "passion" for the Villa cost about £30,000 a week plus add-ons. Sorry, while recognise the humanity of any person, I would hope, I just don't feel obligated to concern myself much with the feelings of professional football players. And they don't ask me for my opinion or feelings-help either, but I'm happy to share and care with any Villa player with they want to ring me. 

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But I actually do like Leon Bailey -- a lot. I still feel concern. We can walk and chew gum at the same time. If he did indeed -- and I'm hearing differing accounts -- storm off down the tunnel while the rest of his teammates and the away supporters dealt with Anfield, he's not helping himself, the club, or his teammates. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

52 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

we aren't a team challenging the top 4

58 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He was not. He tracked back, and did more with the poor service he got than any of our other players aside from digne and Luiz.

He had one error where him Watkins miscommunicated but that's on Watkins just as much as Bailey. 

Yeah, I've been ill in bed with a fever so missed the latter part of the game (when Bailey was taken off), but I was shocked to hear he'd been pulled. He played well today IMO. His dribbling was good and incisive as well.

I've not seen his reaction to coming off though so can't comment on that.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

we aren't a team challenging the top 4

Iv'e said multiple times, that one of the reasons people are so disappointed at times, is because their expectations were probably unrealistic to begin with lol.

I hated all the " Top 4 "  talk by pundits and fans in the leadup as I felt it was just setting us up for " failure " against current unrealistic standards.

If it did happen, then fine, but in context.. was never realistic right now.

We need at least 2 - 3 more windows and  and  one or two more top 6 - 7 finishes before this imo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Commentators said he went to sit down then decided to go down the tunnel. Perhaps he went to warm down on the bike in the changing rooms or go for a shit we don't know. 

Can only do that when in the current XI

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Doesn't mean i like it, but our own players have done much worse, and players do the same every day.
It's widely accepted that, being a sub, and being subbed, is embarassing for a player.
That doesn't mean I don't agree with the decision.
As another poster also mentioned, it's as if these players aren't humans.
I liken it to Armchair boxing fans.

dcpassls-min (1).png

What's Grealish being angry/sad/pathetic about being taken off got to do with Bailey going down the tunnel instead of sitting with his teammates?

One you probably see every weekend in the PL. One you see once or twice a season.

I think my previous posts make it very clear where I stand on Bailey - although I don’t really have a comment about today.

I knew that he would be subbed off and this is not intended as a criticism in any way - just don’t think it was a game that was suited to him at all.

As some others have already said - I too don’t think that he will be any where near the starting 11, as soon as JJ returns and Zaniolo settles, which is not far off, and looking longer term, when Emi is back - I think his route to the starting 11 is even more unlikely.

Â