Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bailey spitting his toys out the pram

Yes, and this idea that players are routinely right to be aggrieved, sorry, respectfully, that's not something I can go along with. That horseshit spreads. Respect has to be earned, and it's mutual. Tantrums might be understandable, but I don't give a shit about a player's precious ****-ing £5,200,000 a year feelings. It's football. Put on your big boy trousers and do the job.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Yes, and this idea that players are routinely right to be aggrieved, sorry, respectfully, that's not something I can go along with. That horseshit spreads. Respect has to be earned, and it's mutual. Tantrums might be understandable, but I don't give a shit about a player's precious ****-ing £5,200,000 a year feelings. It's football. Put on your big boy trousers and do the job.

You know footballers are human beings too. They arent some expensively assembled robot

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You know footballers are human beings too. They arent some expensively assembled robot

Point taken. Anfield does this. And they are young adults, too. So they're learning. But hopefully the players will shake off the bad feelings and find a way along with Unai to regain a positive mindset. I mean, we all saw Fernandes against Liverpool last year. It happens.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

24 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Emery took him off for a tactical  reason, not to spite him . We must respect that he knows what he’s doing and that we don’t. 

I agree that was the reason I just struggle to see what tactical change was made. I get Baileys frustration, wasn't good but neither was Watkins or mcginn yet he gets the hook. 

41 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't get the decision. The game was over, there were worse players and we've knocked his confidence and caused an unnecessary issue. 

I do because he doesn't do anything. He's so so bad.

Wouldn't argue today he was worse than any others, but he's comfortably the worst player out there.

Ollie was really bad, but maybe boss didn't want Zaniolo dealing with big lumps up to him.

Stomping down the tunnel isn't much of an issue for me if the manager doesn't care. It's not great though.

If the manager does see it as an issue and Bailey is dropped and never plays for us again, honestly I don't care. He is horrific. Appalling.

I'd rather Traore played and I don't rate him. I'd rather Kellyman played and he probably isn't ready. I'd rather Kaden Young played and he definitely isn't ready.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

I agree that was the reason I just struggle to see what tactical change was made. I get Baileys frustration, wasn't good but neither was Watkins or mcginn yet he gets the hook. 

Surely he needs to accept the managers decision but I agree is difficult if you feel like you’re putting a shift in. Just a bad day all round for everyone .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Criticism is fine but to claim he should earn respect by sucking it up and not having feelings because he earns good money?! If his feeling's have a £5,2m a year value? Respectfully, how much are your feelings worth? You can answer that when you've put your big boy trousers on. 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Surely he needs to accept the managers decision but I agree is difficult if you feel like you’re putting a shift in. Just a bad day all round for everyone .

He came off without complaint. No bottles were kicked like a certain someone 😂

8 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

To be honest, I'd be throwing my toys out the pram if I'd been subbed on, then off, and not done any worse than 4 or 5 others on the pitch who started the game. 

Most players get upset about being subbed ffs.

I was hoping his performance was bad enough... for people to not have to reach for yet more trivial shite to pelt him with.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Who do you take off? Watkins was bad but who you play up top? Diaby waa best player.

I personally think bailey was poor so was right sub for me.

He simply does not score goals away from home for us in the league

McGinn who was awful going forward and defensively? Wasn't tracking back and helping with szoboszlai or pressuring taa to takeaway their long passes just in no man's land time and time again. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Alot of players get upset about being subbed ffs.

I was hoping his performance was bad enough... for people to not have to reach for just more trivial shite to pelt him with.

Think you may have missed the point. 

In this instance, I back Bailey. I thought he did OK when he came on, no worse than Watkins for example and he should feel aggrieved at being hooked. 

Nothing to do with travel, playing away etc... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Think you may have missed the point. 

In this instance, I back Bailey. I thought he did OK when he came on, no worse than Watkins for example and he should feel aggrieved at being hooked. 

Nothing to do with travel, playing away etc... 

I was actually agreeing with you mate.

Basically, any player would be upset at being subbed, especially as a sub themselves.

Regardless of performance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was actually agreeing with you mate.

Basically, any player would be upset at being subbed, especially as a sub themselves.

Regardless of performance.

Would any player have gone down the tunnel instead of sitting with his teammates? Watching the rest of the team playing a match.

McGinn? Watkins? Don't think they'd have gone down the tunnel.

Edited by Tomaszk

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Would any player have gone down the tunnel instead of sitting with his teammates? Watching the rest of the team playing a match.

McGinn? Watkins? Don't think they'd have gone down the tunnel.

Yeah no other player has ever gone straight down the tunnel... just Leon Bailey. lol

He beats up fans as well to boot

And takes police on jet ski chases

Â