Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Between injuries and change of system he hasn’t had much chance, I can’t seem him doing well in a central role. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was away in the summer 

Me too i think Ings could be sold to Brightom too as part of a Bissouma deal

Edited by PaulC

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Me too i think Ings could be sold to Brightom too as part of a Bissouma deal

Our chances of signing Bissouma are dwindling and we've probably missed the boat by not signing him in January.  We are currently below Brighton in the league, why would he move here when he'll have a host of clubs in Europe to choose from? 

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Be sad if it doesn't work out for him here, the kid is electric and a match winner. 

The club should intervene tbh backing the manager is all fine and good but when you have the quality of Bailey and Buendia not getting the pitch it’s a bit worrying. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

He's been about as electric as a horse and cart.

His 20 minute cameo vs. Everton was probably the best performance by a single player for us this season bar Coutinho vs. United or Ramsey vs. Leeds. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

In terms of the money spent, he's very quickly becoming one of our worst ever signings. I feel there is zero chance he will be a Villa player next season and thank god for that.

Can't disagree that, to date, he has been a disaster.  Having said that, to say he has had a disrupted first season would be putting it mildly and for that reason I can see the club giving him the benefit of a full (hopefully injury-free) pre-season and see how he performs.  Can't say I'd lose any sleep if he were moved on though.... 

I’m absolutely gutted about Leon Bailey.

I can’t remember the last time I was as excited about a signing as I was when we signed him, I would’ve been happy with him alone as a JG replacement - that’s how highly I rated him, but with the injuries and the international breaks it has just not worked out for him at VP.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we can get a good preseason out of him and he’ll get himself in the fold, but I too can see him leaving in the summer. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

his market value fall and fall? 

He's already halved his market value compared to what we paid for him. Gerrard needs to try to change his formation and play other players to see what he has. At least then he knows who is good enough who isnt. 

The problem with Bailey is he tries too hard to make an impact. It's like in England friendlies when a player comes on in the last 20 minutes and instead of just doing his job and choosing the easy passes etc, he tries to take players on, keeps the ball too long, shooting all the time. Anything to try and stand out in the limited time available. Because of this, his impact off the bench isnt a good one. It just doesnt feel like its going to click and for what we paid, its unacceptable for him to be this poor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, R.Bear said:

The problem with Bailey is he tries too hard to make an impact. It's like in England friendlies when a player comes on in the last 20 minutes and instead of just doing his job and choosing the easy passes etc, he tries to take players on, keeps the ball too long, shooting all the time. Anything to try and stand out in the limited time available. Because of this, his impact off the bench isnt a good one. It just doesnt feel like its going to click and for what we paid, its unacceptable for him to be this poor.

A few of them, regulars too are guilty of this, the pressure is high, maybe too high for some of em. We have a squad that could play multi systems but they are not being utilised correctly. The approach to spurs was amateurish, a real eye opener and is obviously getting a lot of people talking.

• Like 1

Â