Tammy Abraham

nick76

57 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Where have you gotten this impression from. I'm pretty sure everyone who has an opinion on this either thinks Wesley will be good enough. Or thinks whichever forward we do sign should be able to play out wide also. I'm also of the opinion they shouldn't be shit at 90% of the game of football like Tammy is. 

The impression comes from the way people talk, it's fairly clear how people are around here with certain players. It's like they shouldn't ever be challenged because they have become a fav of there's and that alright. Soon as someone or something is suggested that threatens them or an upgrade or something is mentioned, out come the defenders and for daft reasons most of the time. There are those at times who frown on anything against there favs, I don't mind it to a degree but it's really daft when you can't mention the possibility of upgrades on players or players coming in and challenging them, when the club does have to tick on and it's a business as much as it is a game. If players should need competition then they need it for many a reason, some round here can't bring there beloved favourites to be threatened and have there no1 or what some have already said Guaranteed spots under threat. Point blank no place should be Guaranteed and every player should have competition or players get inconsistent and risk becoming lazy or out of touch in a team.

Did you just say Tammy was shit at 90 percent of his game? Did someone really say that, I swear I need glasses to correct my eye sight, what plonker would even suggest such things.

Not everyone thinks Wesley will be good enough, will even regain any of his former self on the pitch. Some even think it's not even worth the risk of a whole season and I agree with those people. I can completely understand those who don't want a massive risk to next season because we have to go out and get a better season than the one that's just gone. If Watkins gets injured are you prepared to risk a full season on the possibility of Wesley or Davis becoming goal scorers like Watkins?? I wouldn't when you could just buy Tammy or another forward who could Guarantee filling in for Watkins. Really it's a problem that needs settlling  now by having a capable striker in place to partner Watkins because we could be in big trouble if he gets injured yet you want to risk Europe and a good league position on maybes or possiblys seems abit crackers to me.

But to suggest Tammy is shit, I do wonder what type of trip you have had because it's certainly been a bad one. Tammy is more than capable of filling in for Watkins, more than capable of challenging Watkins for the no1 spot. They just play different for large parts of the game that's all and in some ways very similar when it's the off the ball work including how they run alot of milage, defensive tasks or holding up the ball.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Plus nothing is guaranteed, he’s fighting for the shirt like he would at any club he goes to.  

With Buendia at 33m, let’s say we get Tammy for 32.5m so not a record signing will that make you happier?

40m is just a number pulled out the air, we don’t know the real value, one report said 38m euros which is £32.5m.

Seeing as you mentioned him... If buendia was a left winger rather than a right and we'd just signed him for £33m as competition for Jack would you consider it a bizarre signing, both for us and him? 

That's what I think of Tammy 

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Plus nothing is guaranteed, he’s fighting for the shirt like he would at any club he goes to.  

With Buendia at 33m, let’s say we get Tammy for 32.5m so not a record signing will that make you happier?

40m is just a number pulled out the air, we don’t know the real value, one report said 38m euros which is £32.5m.

That's is true.

They were saying 40 mill for Buendia in the papers up till we pinched him for 30 mill.

If advanced talks are going on for Tammy you can bet many numbers are being thrown back and forth by both clubs and Tammy's agent, all along with reasons to justify the prices floating back and forth. 40 mill though in the media doesn't make it deffinatly 40 mill the final price, he could end up being cheaper or dearer, no one but they know.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Seeing as you mentioned him... If buendia was a left winger rather than a right and we'd just signed him for £33m as competition for Jack would you consider it a bizarre signing, both for us and him? 

No I wouldn't consider it a bizarre move because we're bringin in competition or were obviously making that move because Smith an co see that he's needed for a job there. Whether that job is to keep Jack on his toes, Buendia is rotational cover or in case Jack gets injured there is a reason that money is being spent the way it is.

Have to trust the chiefs in charge if they go bring Tammy in. We have to see it as Tammy is needed because they have plans for him and that Watkins is going to also be in on those plans. If they are on upping each other all season and they are being swapped each game because of how they are competing, don't you think that's great? Especially if they are getting better and there upping there levels in all around match performances.

Look if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen and while I'll be abit sad it didn't I'll also understand why because he's not needed. If he does join I'll see it as the chiefs have a way to make use of him in a real good way

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not really a bizarre signing under that hypothetical, if we had nobody else that could adequately play that position because we know injuries, form, suspensions, tactics would allow both enough time.  I mean this season we would had somebody of quality playing for 15 games Jack was seriously out at least and thus we wouldn’t have missed Jack quite as much in that period as we obviously did.   Obviously more good reasons than that but it actually sounds like a great idea and supports my argument of getting Tammy in with Ollie.  It’s great when somebody helps my point.

Back to where Buendia really plays, he’s going to be competing with Traore for RW if we are getting in somebody like ESR for CAM.  So Traore had a decent first season but now has serious competition slightly similar to your Grealish equivalent  theoretical but just as Traore isn’t Jack equivalent, neither is Ollie, Jack equivalent.

Edited by nick76

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I'm pretty sure everyone who has an opinion on this either thinks Wesley will be good enough.

I think most I’ve read on here still on unsure how Wes comes back.  We’ve see a a mixed bag in the reserves and only 16 minutes in the first team.  We just don’t know and a massive risk.  I’m a massive fan of Wes but will he ever get back, who knows.

Or thinks whichever forward we do sign should be able to play out wide also

I don’t think this is true, we’ve talked about versatility but it hasn’t been a requirement at all.

I'm also of the opinion they shouldn't be shit at 90% of the game of football like Tammy is. 

Just a garbage comment and completely false.

Edited by nick76

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No because Jack should be playing as CAM. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think most I’ve read on here still on unsure how Wes comes back.  We’ve see a a mixed bag in the reserves and only 16 minutes in the first team.  We just don’t know and a massive risk.  I’m a massive fan of Wes but will he ever get back, who knows.

I don’t think this is true, we’ve talked about versatility but it hasn’t been a requirement at all.

Just a garbage comment and completely false.

I literally showed that he is in the 30th percentile or below for pretty much every major statistical category except scoring when compared to other strikers in the top 5 leagues. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I literally showed that he is in the 30th percentile or below for pretty much every major statistical category except scoring when compared to other strikers in the top 5 leagues. 

But you want a jack of all trades and a master of none especially scoring.  Takes into no consideration of what is being asked of him by his manager or the style he wants him to play. If he was asked to do some of those things his stats would be better but his style he is told to hang on the last defender and score goals and he does that really well even as you commented.  

You want a player that can play in every position and aren’t so worried about being great in one position just like your suggestion of Leao showed.  As a few websites and my own eyes shows, a great dribbler, poor passer and crosser and struggling to score. 

You use stats when it suits you and dismiss when it doesn’t.  Also when has scoring ability for a striker been a bad thing, you seem to keep dismissing his ability to score as a extra thing.  Strikers score goals, that’s what they are judged on.  We are spending a fortune on creative players, we need players to put it away rather than just relying on Ollie.

Anyway I’ve watched Tammy as a Villa player and a Chelsea player, if his non-scoring ability is shit as you assert, then you’re definitely watching a different player to me.  Even with us his link up play with Jack was superb.  Is he different to Ollie, of course but to say he’s shit is just plain garbage whatever stats you put forward.  The guy can score loads which is what one of the main jobs of being a striker is, probably the most important.

17 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

You’re very passionate about Tammy @nick76

Be nice signing to make but not fussed if we don’t for me. 

Funny thing is I wasn’t until recently.  I hoped to sign him after his loan spell with us and thought towards the end of the season with his troubles with Tuchel he’d be a good option for us but that was it, not fussed otherwise. The only thing I was convinced about is that another striker coming in was a priority.

Then I remember somebody said some rubbish about Tammy and I defended him and it started the ball rolling.  Then re-reviewing some of his stuff, his strengths and weaknesses, his price, his connection already with Villa players and coaching staff, know he fits into our play because he’s played it, his age and who we could realistically get…the last week or two seeing that I’ve become more convinced he’s the right player for us now and to support/compliment/compete with Ollie.

I honestly just want a top notch striker in to compete with Ollie for so many reasons.  I currently believe that the best option is Tammy but I am open but I’ve heard some poor suggestions.  I also like to argue when people make stupid arguments.  We also have little else to discuss at the moment so a little bit of boredom keeps me in the discussion.

I think if we sign Tammy he’ll be great and Ollie will also improve…win-win.  If we don’t as long as we sign a striker equivalent I’ll be happy. 

Edited by nick76

30 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But you want a jack of all trades and a master of none especially scoring.  Takes into no consideration of what is being asked of him by his manager or the style he wants him to play. If he was asked to do some of those things his stats would be better but his style he is told to hang on the last defender and score goals and he does that really well even as you commented.  

You want a player that can play in every position and aren’t so worried about being great in one position just like your suggestion of Leao showed.  As a few websites and my own eyes shows, a great dribbler, poor passer and crosser and struggling to score. 

You use stats when it suits you and dismiss when it doesn’t.  Also when has scoring ability for a striker been a bad thing, you seem to keep dismissing his ability to score as a extra thing.  Strikers score goals, that’s what they are judged on.  We are spending a fortune on creative players, we need players to put it away rather than just relying on Ollie.

Anyway I’ve watched Tammy as a Villa player and a Chelsea player, if his non-scoring ability is shit as you assert, then you’re definitely watching a different player to me.  Even with us his link up play with Jack was superb.  Is he different to Ollie, of course but to say he’s shit is just plain garbage whatever stats you put forward.  The guy can score loads which is what one of the main jobs of being a striker is, probably the most important.

A jack of all trades is often times better than a master of one. We play with 3 AM/W so a striker who cna bring them into play and get them to score more goals is much better than a striker who will score 3 more goals over the course of the season especially if they are a backup striker.

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

A jack of all trades is often times better than a master of one. We play with 3 AM/W so a striker who cna bring them into play and get them to score more goals is much better than a striker who will score 3 more goals over the course of the season especially if they are a backup striker.

Just bizarre your view of Tammy!  

I just can’t believe we are both Villa fans how we disagree on everything.

People always have different opinions on a subject here or there but we literally don’t agree on any topic we discuss about Villa.  

I’m still not totally convinced that your not my brother trolling me to get his kicks 😂.

All good though, let’s agree to disagree.

21 minutes ago, Enda said:

I think Tammy is even better than Ollie, and anything south of £40m would be good value.

So there.

A new angle to the thread, I love it! Enjoy

Some see a player of quality who will continue to progress. I feel he flatters to deceive and is not an elite level player worth £40million. IMO he will turn into a slightly more consistent & prolific Welbeck -  not bad, nor great and a good solid pro. Just not for me 

Â