Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

3 hours ago, Awol said:

Fully expect him to be sold this window. 

Not a bad time to really, can we see his stock or value going much higher? Can’t see him getting as much game time this season either with our reinforcements.

Maybe if he’d have been picked and been given opportunities at the Euros but that ship has sailed…

We have an opportunity to make a decent profit on him but I also have no issue with him staying in the squad and potentially improving…

What do we reckon his value would be? 15m or more? That goal record will stand out for any interested teams…

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i mean......you could say exactly that for a large proportion of players in the world.....

Yeah but… they’re not our players…

Tbf, I’ve not seen any/many top level footballers that lack so much technical ability or co ordination. But I haven’t seen many with as much endeavour either…

He’s always struck me as someone who is just delighted to have been given a chance to play, almost like a fan who won a competition 😆

58 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

No one is taking him on when he won't be playing for at least six months.

Don't have an issue with him getting fit for last three months and we bring him on for some games we're leading in. Would assume we'd move him on next season given he'd have one year left then so a few clubs in Turkish league who like him would be able to afford him then.

Yeah I wasn’t putting a timescale on it, next season would be the suitable time to move him on. He could also go out on loan after his recovery to get over the rustiness etc. and maybe raise his value by playing more games for a lesser team, producing better stats & performances.

Probably means nothing, sorry if already mentioned. Noticed he's went from 6.00 (5/1) to 4.50 (7/2) in the betting on skybet (Transfer specials) in the last 2 hours. 

Could just be mug betting because of the media talk or may be something in it, especially if the price decreases drastically by end of tomorrow. I'd imagine if there's anything concrete in it Ornstein will break it tomorrow morning.

Edited by Creeper

Do we think this kid is ready or good enough to be our CAM? Would he make enough of an impact and affect games enough for us or are we signing him more for his potential, so maybe not always a regular starter? Looks very good for his age… but can he immediately be relied on for assists and goals?

Haven’t seen a lot of him but looks like an exciting player. We’d certainly be strengthening our squad and forward options with him.

I know he played for Arsenal (majority of games?) but they’re shit 😆

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Why bother?

Boyhood Arsenal fan. Arsenal have stated he is not for sale.

Feel like we are wasting our time here.

Yeah because most clubs, when one of their players is attracting serious interest jumps up and down and says stuff like, “Yes he’s for sale, how much are you offering?”  Unless of course they can’t afford to offer him a  competitive contract that matches what the club who are pursuing him can offer and they’re desperate for cash?

17 minutes ago, Creeper said:

Probably means nothing, sorry if already mentioned. Noticed he's went from 6.00 (5/1) to 4.50 (7/2) in the betting on skybet (Transfer specials) in the last 2 hours. 

Could just be mug betting because of the media talk or may be something in it, especially if the price decreases drastically by end of tomorrow. I'd imagine if there's anything concrete in it Ornstein will break it tomorrow morning.

I got in at 6-1. It just feels as though something is happening here. It may end in nothing but I believe we are having a good go. 

6 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

People hypothesizing about Arsenal's finances. Could just be a case of the kid wanting a change of scenery for whatever reason - professional or personal. 

Professional he wants to play for a big club?

Personal he’s fed up of people laughing at him in an Arsenal training top on the bus home because he doesn’t earn enough to buy a car?

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

People hypothesizing about Arsenal's finances. Could just be a case of the kid wanting a change of scenery for whatever reason - professional or personal. 

Sure, but no doubt that they are in a financial hole:

https://paininthearsenal.com/2021/06/02/arsenal-total-debt-revealed-summer/

Arsenal looking at cumulative losses of circa £250m over last three seasons,” they revealed. ‘Stadium debt and other structural debt’ has increased from £175m to £350m. Total debt including player monies owed and Barclays approaching £500m.

Arsenal have provided no details on the costs of this debt or the terms for its servicing. Arsenal’s wage bill still over £200m and fifth highest in PL. Fines imminent from UEFA and PL for Super league disgrace. Very challenging summer ahead.

They have been reckless and stupid.

Giving ageing/out of favour/shite players long and fat contracts (350k pw - Ozil, around 200-250k pw on Aub & Willian (!)) was senseless too.

We are a vastly “healthier”, vastly more sensibly run club. We have NO debt.

We don’t just talk the talk, we walk the walk too…

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Also it has been reported that there is a history of bullying in Arsenal's academy. And now that he's made it big he wants to get out of there.