Euro 2020 : Group E (Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden)

BOF

31 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Luis Enrique failed club manager?

That’s some statement.

Didn't do much at Roma or Celta Vigo. Obviously brilliant first season at Barca with peak forward line but decline in the next two seasons with disappointing CL exits.

The one quality Swedish journo Erik Niva basically sums up how I see it as well.

Niva: Gave away the chance to win

Alexander Isak was replaced - have we not come any further?

A premiere point away against Spain, and I should feel drunk, fulfilled, happy.

So why do not I do it?

Because this match as a whole made Swedish football's shortcomings shine so much clearer than our strengths.

There has been something in the modern interpretation of our ancient football tradition that set my emotional strings in motion. Straight and clear 4-4-2 football, okay, but garnished with both forward thinking and conviction. Sometimes we have won, sometimes we have lost - but pretty much every single time I have still liked what I saw, somehow been able to relate to the performance. During large sections down here in Seville, none of it remained. We had no energy, no intensity, no ambition, no game. We had absolutely nothing. 

During that period, it was actually downright embarrassing. So inferior. So primitive, so meager and so outdated that I actually sat and was ashamed of Janne Andersson's national team. Have we really not gone further than this as a football nation? Well, we have, I'm absolutely convinced we have it. We have done a lot right on the youth side, we have lots of talent on the way up from below - and we have an invaluable diamond named Alexander Isak.  If you have such a player on the pitch, it hardly matters how accomplished you really are - you still always have a chance to steal a win. But suddenly we did not have it anymore.

The rest of the tournament must be different, and of course it will be different. Sweden will not face Slovakia and Poland as we met Spain, and after all I have very good hope that we will face a really difficult opponent on at least one more occasion during this tournament. When that day comes, I hope we do it differently, that we do it better. The road we were on tonight does not lead very far.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/a/39rVmv/niva-gav-bort-chansen-att-vinna

Markus Berg has received threats, insults and stuff like that on social media after THAT miss yesterday from Swedish "fans" to the point that it's now a police issue. 🤦‍♂️

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Markus Berg has received threats, insults and stuff like that on social media after THAT miss yesterday from Swedish "fans" to the point that it's now a police issue. 🤦‍♂️

While horrible for him and his family 😞 Its a funny Swedish way of equality because usually the players getting abuse on social media for missing chances and stuff are black. This might be the first instance in a while of a white player getting such abuse

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

While horrible for him and his family 😞 Its a funny Swedish way of equality because usually the players getting abuse on social media for missing chances and stuff are black. This might be the first instance in a while of a white player getting such abuse

You should read the abuse Mikael Lustig got after his performance against Ukraine in 2012 :o. But yeah, when it's players who's parents are immigrants it's usually a racial aspect added to the threats and insults.

People are morons

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sne said:

You should read the abuse Mikael Lustig got after his performance against Ukraine in 2012 :o. But yeah, when it's players who's parents are immigrants it's usually a racial aspect added to the threats and insults.

People are morons

As it was with Jimmy Durmaz last time around. Morons indeed. Every country has them.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sne said:

this is so embarrassing 😣

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

this is so embarrassing 😣

Even more so since it wasn't even a knock out game and it was a game where we were completely outplayed and still came away with a undeserved point.

Beggars belief that people can focus on that miss rather than on the amazing performance from Olssen

1 minute ago, sne said:

Even more so since it wasn't even a knock out game and it was a game where we were completely outplayed and still came away with a undeserved point.

Beggars belief that people can focus on that miss rather than on the amazing performance from Olssen

I suppose the term "näthat" includes "hatred" for a reason. it's people that are so bloody negative and angry that they have to spew their insanity out for the public. In all honesty, I'm feeling so done with asocial media. It's just vile.

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

You'd think that what happened to Eriksen might have given people a sense of perspective about how much it all matters really, but sadly obviously not.

Alcohol and tribalism. Don't think it's a coincidence that Berg has just signed for IFK Göteborg in the Swedish Allsvenskan. I bet anything that most of these threats are coming from fans of the rival clubs in the league.

Berg also has the added baggage of missing a comedic number of easy chances for the national side in the last 3 seasons which I'm sure factors in. 

But mainly it's morons being morons, this time infused with alcohol and summer heat.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sne said:

Alcohol and tribalism. Don't think it's a coincidence that Berg has just signed for IFK Göteborg in the Swedish Allsvenskan. I bet anything that most of these threats are coming from fans of the rival clubs in the league.

Berg also has the added baggage of missing a comedic number of easy chances for the national side in the last 3 seasons which I'm sure factors in. 

But mainly it's morons being morons, this time infused with alcohol and summer heat.

I think it wqs overblown too, looked like the ball bounced up on him for an awkward angle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

@Genie...just waiting for that first boo when Scotland player touches the ball on Friday.:lol:

It was a poor miss but these things can happen when you're sliding in at speed.

I thought Morata one was worse personally given he had time to judge the finish and Olson was practically diving the other way before he even shot so left so much of the goal open.

On 15/06/2021 at 12:52, VillaChris said:

@Genie...just waiting for that first boo when Scotland player touches the ball on Friday.:lol:

I’m not.

It is only a matter of time before a group of England fans cause some kind of riot or trash something though. It’s tradition innit.

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is he okay?

Yeah was his family car sat on their driveway. No one was at home and it caught fire while charging apparently.

Some BMW electric something something.

• Like 1

Now that Poland lost to Slovakia Euro is done for me. Really disappointing.

That Sweden-Spain draw is salt to rub the wound as well. 

Poland now need results against both Spain and Sweden, unless Sweden loses against Slovaks. 

Is that even possible?

Â