Euro 2020 : Group E (Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden)

BOF

25 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Now that Poland lost to Slovakia Euro is done for me. Really disappointing.

That Sweden-Spain draw is salt to rub the wound as well. 

Poland now need results against both Spain and Sweden, unless Sweden loses against Slovaks. 

Is that even possible?

3 points and a neutral or positive goal difference might well be enough to go through. Need to not be thrashed by Spain (obviously even better if you can get something of course) and then beat Sweden comfortably. At least your GD is as good as it could be right now.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

3 points and a neutral or positive goal difference might well be enough to go through. Need to not be thrashed by Spain (obviously even better if you can get something of course) and then beat Sweden comfortably. At least your GD is as good as it could be right now.

I'm pretty sure it's head to head in groups? 

So if both Poland and Slovakia end up on 3 points, Slovakia go through?

Covid in the Slovakian squad, only one player (back up CB Denis Vavro) and a member of the staff so far but it does raise some questions considering the Russian Covid protocols.

If the are strict then every person who's been in contact the the infected person needs to be quarantined and would thus not be available for the game against Sweden tomorrow. Sure they will work around it thou.

Preview: Poland vs. Slovakia - prediction, team news, lineups

Unchanged 11 for Sweden (unless Ekdal break down during warm up) as expected so it appears they have recovered since the Monday mauling.

No new news from Slovakia regarding Covid but the Russian authorities have closed the fan zone in Moscow due to a massive Delta-Covid outbreak in the city. Such a good idea to play this tournament, especially with fans travelling all across Europe.

5 hours ago, sne said:

Unchanged 11 for Sweden (unless Ekdal break down during warm up) as expected so it appears they have recovered since the Monday mauling.

No new news from Slovakia regarding Covid but the Russian authorities have closed the fan zone in Moscow due to a massive Delta-Covid outbreak in the city. Such a good idea to play this tournament, especially with fans travelling all across Europe.

Can't understand why teams are having to fly massive distances while half the teams get home game after home game.

Sweden played in Seville on Monday evening so having to get to St Petersburg for this game is bizarre, couldn't they have been Copenhagen as venue as halfway house destination.

Swiss aswell having to play in Baku first game, then fly to Rome and go back to Bak for final game is inane scheduling aswell.

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Can't understand why teams are having to fly massive distances while half the teams get home game after home game.

Sweden played in Seville on Monday evening so having to get to St Petersburg for this game is bizarre, couldn't they have been Copenhagen as venue as halfway house destination.

Swiss aswell having to play in Baku first game, then fly to Rome and go back to Bak for final game is inane scheduling aswell.

Im sure the travel at 2014 World Cup was further 

Isak really struggling with his first touch today.

And again I do not like this CM pairing of Olsson and Ekdal. Offers very little at either end or in the middle.

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sweden having to go on the front foot is showing the limitations

oh we're hella limited for sure. I'm just holding out for a random goal our way to clinch this.

Just now, sne said:

Isak really struggling with his first touch today.

And again I do not like this CM pairing of Olsson and Ekdal. Offers very little at either end or in the middle.

They look similar too 😂 Guardian I think wrote a big piece on Olsson calling him a different type of Swedish midfielder. More creative so was expecting a Anders Svensson or Kallsstrom ball player

Just now, Zatman said:

They look similar too 😂 Guardian I think wrote a big piece on Olsson calling him a different type of Swedish midfielder. More creative so was expecting a Anders Svensson or Kallsstrom ball player

He's usually pretty tidy and tricky with the ball and and can create space for himself and others but he looks woefully out of form.

Ekdal has been injured for 10 years so he's never fully fit or in form.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Sweden are a woeful side. 

Would be absolutely hilarious if they advanced through the group stages without scoring a goal. 

hahaha yes that would be unprecedented XD

Â