Euro 2020 : Group A (Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, Wales)

BOF

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't think that's correct. It's normally based upon the kick going from the goal line. This one didn’t. 

No offence

There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:

• a goal kick
  • a throw-in
  • a corner kick

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

Edited by Lichfield Dean
I assume the rules in the Euros are basically the same as the FA rules, I guess they could be different.

5 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

No offence

There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:

• a goal kick
  • a throw-in
  • a corner kick

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

Since he was outside the pitch it might be overruled by this;

"An attacking player may step or stay off the field of play not to be involved in active play. If the player re-enters from the goal line and becomes involved in play before the next stoppage in play, or the defending team has played the ball towards the halfway line and it is outside its penalty area, the player shall be considered to be positioned on the goal line for the purposes of offside."

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

41 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Since he was outside the pitch it might be overruled by this;

"An attacking player may step or stay off the field of play not to be involved in active play. If the player re-enters from the goal line and becomes involved in play before the next stoppage in play, or the defending team has played the ball towards the halfway line and it is outside its penalty area, the player shall be considered to be positioned on the goal line for the purposes of offside."

Possibly, I did wonder about that, but which rule trumps which?

Edit: actually, reading again, this suggests that the worst case is that the player off the pitch would be treated as being in an offside position. And if you can't be offside from a corner it makes no difference.

Also, I didn't see a forward pass after the corner was taken but I could have missed it.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter, Italy are winning this easily at the moment.

Edited by Lichfield Dean
Rethinking

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Jermaine jenas on commentary is bloody dreadful, some of the shit he’s coming out with 🙄

I think he’s alright, heard worse 

That's a nice goal all round, the run from spinazzola, the ball from berardi, maybe not the chest control, the shot, its a great save to be fair to the keeper through the bodies and then immobile not just blasting it but opening up his foot to place it 

Good football 

Â