Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Buendia is a very good player and will be key for this squad going into next season. He doesn't have much competition at the moment though. I'd like us to sign that CF who drops deep to link up play but is also able to lead the line and finish off chances. Harry Kane does this to an incredibly high level.

Buendia is performing this at the moment but he doesn't have the physicality or pace to reach the next level. It's not that he isn't a very good player, but he can't change those two aspects. The role he plays dropping off the front line suits him the best as we need different players for midfield 3 physical CMs and a winger or 4 CMs. 

Buendia will be a key player next season and will be involved in every game if he stays fit. His impact off the bench in particular against tired opposition and teams he's probably working out while watching them. That's a brilliant trait. 

9 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Buendia is performing this at the moment but he doesn't have the physicality or pace to reach the next level.

Pace is hard to improve. Physicality can be improved. He just needs to spend some time in the weight room.

8 minutes ago, TomC said:

Pace is hard to improve. Physicality can be improved. He just needs to spend some time in the weight room.

Buendia is one of those that if he was a yard quicker and 5% more accurate in his passes and shots would be starting for Argentina . 

15 minutes ago, TomC said:

I mean physicality you can't put on. As in height and the body mass that comes with it. 

On 05/04/2023 at 10:09, duke313 said:

It really did look like a handball before his pass to Watkins, even on the replay.  I was certain it was going to be ruled out by VAR.

Nah. Hit the top of his shoulder. The ref was literally right in front of him looking straight at it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I mean physicality you can't put on. As in height and the body mass that comes with it. 

McGinn isn't exactly tall and nobody complains about his physicality.

Some tall people are string beans, some short people are built like brickhouses. I'm sure that Buendia can become much stronger if he works on it.

11 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Buendia is one of those that if he was a yard quicker and 5% more accurate in his passes and shots would be starting for Argentina . 

I haven't seen any stats but I think that his accuracy is gradually starting to improve. He isn't forcing things as much as he used to.

And still people say Buendia is shit. That compilation shows what he is all about. He has such creativity and you need unpredictability in the starting 11. He is an absolute grafter as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

He’s the most naturally gifted player at the club. We’re lucky to have him, players with his quality are rare.

Kamara, Luiz, Traore, Moreno and Coutinho are all up there. Btw I rate Buendia very highly and would pick him over Coutinho every time, but Coutinho probs has more natural ability. Even though Buendia does have plenty.

I think we are all waiting for something to click and for emi to reach a slightly higher level and consistency. If he didn't give the ball as away as much as he does in certain games we would think a lot differently about him. My hope is that he is still learning the timing of when to do the beundia thing vs the simple thing.

Â