Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

I can't work out if it's his playing style or whether he is just trying too damn hard to live up to expectations and shirk the 'flop' tag. 

A similar situation with Bailey. 

There are some decent footballers in there somewhere - they've existed before- but something isn't right with them at Villa.

That £100m from the Grealish sale isn't looking like it was well spent. Buendia's got a great touch and quick feet, but is too slow, too small and too weak and doesn't affect games enough. He's not a winger at all, and I think if we are to get anything out of him, it would be in the middle of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Lol pinning the first goal on him losing the ball prior is hilarious. He was only one doing successful incisive passes when he came on albeit lost the ball a few times. 

Maybe my memory is flawed but I was pretty sure it was him who lost it before their attack. I'll have to watch the TV replay back. 

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Lol pinning the first goal on him losing the ball prior is hilarious. He was only one doing successful incisive passes when he came on albeit lost the ball a few times. 

Yep. Apologies to Buendia, not sure where I got that one from. Nothing to do with him. 

Although everything to do with this ridiculous obsession in the modern game of having to play it out at the back at all costs even when the game is precariously poised and the field is set in such a way that it's stupid to do so. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Yep. Apologies to Buendia, not sure where I got that one from. Nothing to do with him. 

Although everything to do with this ridiculous obsession in the modern game of having to play it out at the back at all costs even when the game is precariously poised and the field is set in such a way that it's stupid to do so. 

That happened way too much. The goal was inevitable. So many dodgy moments before. I get Emery wants the team to do it as matter of course but Olsen and some others aren't capable

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Came on, lost the ball three times, smashed it wide. Him and Phil just aren't good enough 

Played a couple of defence splitting 30-40m passes to feet but whatever. I got annoyed a few times when he passed to Bailey. Like he should've seen how shit he was in game

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Played a couple of defence splitting 30-40m passes to feet but whatever. I got annoyed a few times when he passed to Bailey. Like he should've seen how shit he was in game

Every through ball we played last night was shocking, either no one running on to them or smashed to hard over. Really embarrassing stuff from premier league players. Bailey is busted, his confidence is shot. 

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The issue with Buendia is we dont know his position and I dont think our managers do either. Norwich he seemed to have a free role from the right but not sure we ever tried him there

I agree and I think that's part of the problem with him

15 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Every through ball we played last night was shocking, either no one running on to them or smashed to hard over. Really embarrassing stuff from premier league players. Bailey is busted, his confidence is shot. 

From memory Beundia came on after the ridiculous +40 passes outside there box. Buendia fizzed a ball from inside our half straight to Bailey's feet in final third then another on the other side and I thought finally we're going to get in behind them but up front were useless then admittedly Beundia just went to bad then worse but early on looked like changing the tempo that was much needed. I stress the fact he ended the game on a very poor note so can see why people think he was poor overall

34 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I agree and I think that's part of the problem with him

I don’t, I think he’s been mostly poor wherever he’s played. Being bullied off the ball and giving it away time and time again isn’t going to change if he switches sides. 

He’s a bottom half PL player, at best. At absolute best. Both he and Bailey have been very poor signings given the money we paid for both. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t, I think he’s been mostly poor wherever he’s played. Being bullied off the ball and giving it away time and time again isn’t going to change if he switches sides. 

He’s a bottom half PL player, at best. At absolute best. Both he and Bailey have been very poor signings given the money we paid for both. 

Beundia thread whackamole begins

Â