Summer 2021 transfer thread

villa4europe

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

PSG decided that one more year of Mbappe was worth 220m euros. Absolutely insane. 

That, finally, is the nail in the coffin that football is totally broken. How can any club compete with PSG when they can afford to do that. It's not like they were stuck for a player to replace him, neymar, draxler, di maria, messi could surely have covered him. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Bellerin on loan to betis

Patrick Roberts loaned out to troyes from man City, his trajectory is downwards

Spurs released aurier 

Rondon to Everton on a free

Troyes are owned by City 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Troyes are owned by City 

That's what I mean, 24 years old and being shipped out to their sister club after a couple of years of unsuccessful championship loans

He's finished, will be released and sign for a league 1/2 club, made his money though 

14 hours ago, Davkaus said:

PSG decided that one more year of Mbappe was worth 220m euros. Absolutely insane. 

Sort of - although they owed Monaco another £40m or so if he either signs a new contract or is transferred elsewhere. So while it's still a lot of money that they are getting, it's not quite the whole lot. 

I'm guessing they are banking on Mbappe having a lovely time with Messi and Neymar, PSG winning the Champions League, Madrid flopping and Mbappe deciding to stay next summer after all*. It's a long-shot, but given they don't need the money, there is (just about) method in the madness. 

*in which case they will still owe Monaco another £40m, but they will probably see it as worth it in those circumstances.  

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

That, finally, is the nail in the coffin that football is totally broken. How can any club compete with PSG when they can afford to do that. It's not like they were stuck for a player to replace him, neymar, draxler, di maria, messi could surely have covered him. 

None of them are strikers. But they do have Icardi as well.

Qatar would rather say no than look weak by selling a star like Mbappe.

Apart from trying to comply with FFP, they simply don't need the money. They have hundreds of Billions, football is just one of their projects.

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Apart from trying to comply with FFP,

I don't agree with FFP and this is another reason why it should be done away with. It's clearly not being applied to PSG with all of their 'sponsorship' deals

18 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think Norwich have had the worst window. They have gone up a division and sold their best player to us. Hardly a statement of ambition is it?

Can you imagine the scenes had we done that with you know who in summer 2019?

Promoted teams will rarely sell their best players who helped them get promoted.

But Beundia had already played in the PL so it might have made it easier.

It looks like they may have spent all the Beundia money and a bit more so they are not pocketing it.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think Norwich have had the worst window. They have gone up a division and sold their best player to us. Hardly a statement of ambition is it?

Can you imagine the scenes had we done that with you know who in summer 2019?

Newcastle have definitely had the worst window. A guy they already had on loan and a Mexican kid they appear to have signed for a joke. It's pretty criminal really.

41 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Newcastle have definitely had the worst window. A guy they already had on loan and a Mexican kid they appear to have signed for a joke. It's pretty criminal really.

Agree but that kid was £30m

If the budget was that tight and they had needs elsewhere they could have stretched it further 

Bruce will no doubt remind us of his budgets and the job he's doing all season... 0-0 draw, 1 shot on target and 25% possession at home to Palace... Great job 

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree but that kid was £30m

If the budget was that tight and they had needs elsewhere they could have stretched it further 

Bruce will no doubt remind us of his budgets and the job he's doing all season... 0-0 draw, 1 shot on target and 25% possession at home to Palace... Great job 

Is he a Bruce signing though? He certainly doesn't look much like one.

To be fair to Bruce, he said in the spring that they needed '3 or 4 quality additions'. I don't think he's been the one putting the brakes on. In fact, last night he was trying to sign Hamza Choudhury on loan, and as far as I can see the reason it didn't go through is that Newcastle wouldn't spring for either a loan fee *or* a sufficient wage contribution.

I know he's not a great manager at this level, but there's no excuse for just going empty-handed into the season when you've got a midfield and defence as weak as they have.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Mexican kid is only on loan as well with an option to buy

• Like 1

On the other hand, once everybody was fit again ( Wilson, asm) they stayed up pretty comfortably. That's all Ashley wants while he is looking for a sale.

If they avoid major injuries they will stay up again. A horrible reality for the fans, they really need new owner to kick on ( we don't want that mind you, don't need another competitor)

Slightly OT but as I've just been reminded of cutrone in the wolves thread was there a worse summer than 2019 for PL strikers? 

Cutrone, haller, Joelinton, Wesley, Drmic, Adams, maupay, rodriguez, kean

Expand it to attacking player in general and you can throw in pepe, iwobi, Perez, Praet