VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

8 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Leaving out Moby Dick seems kinda perverse really from my own list but they have so many great songs to pick from. I'm not sure I'd leave Toad off my top ten Cream songs for example but then it's a smaller body of work to pick from.

Ugh, drum solos. 🤮

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ll go. In no particular order

Kashmir, Gallows Pole, No Quarter, When the Levee Breaks, That’s the Way, Misty mountain hop, Bron-y-aur stomp, Battle of Evermore,  Rock n’ roll, friends.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Sort of on the same theme, I like the Page & Plant version of Kashmir (and the whole no quarter album) they did with an Egyptian Ensemble.

Decent album would have loved to have seen the tour as much as John Paul jones would had liked an invite to the gig 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bickster said:

I rarely listen to individual songs, just albums

Yep, same here. 

Different order, though: 

HotH

II

III

IV 

Phys Graf 

In Thru 

Presence 

A group I played jazz with called ourselves The Irrepressible Huguenots for a couple of gigs.

A friend and I were scheduled to go on at an open mike night in college as Tepid Soup, but the event was canceled and we never had the opportunity to build the fan base that would lead us to (in)fame(y).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was bass guitarist in The Alternative Vegetables.

It wasn’t even a bass guitar, it was a restrung guitar. Bit fuzzy. But then, I don’t think I ever quite broke in to the top 10 bass players.

We had stickers and a banner with the catchy phrase ‘animal based cancer research is a fraud’.

Bloody students, eh.

Â