VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

Randomly, I’ve writing and recording Fantasy Premier League based songs on Twitter weekly. No idea why I decided to do it, but the first one getting 80,000 views inspired me to carry on.

They’re by no means perfect, and fairly one dimensional in line with my ska/punk band background, but give them a listen if you can ignore the completely nonsensical references to FPL stuff!

• Like 4

Well, this is weird.

I had a tidy up on the weekend and found a run o’ the mill cartridge I’d bought and forgotten about.

So I stuck that in a spare head and have been using that for a couple of days.

The old red green and yellow head is now being cleaned up, it was a paint experiment I need to refine.

1 hour ago, JoshVilla said:

Saw a few posters in here put Every Time I Die - Radical as one of their albums of the year in 2021.

Just seen now that they've officially broken up. Gutted. What an album to go out on, though.

Yeah it sounds like they have been having a lot of recent troubles to be honest, it hasn't looked pretty good. Whilst I have never really been a fan, they have been a bit of an "institution". 

I do wonder whether the rest of the band minus Keith will form a new band with a new singer.

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Not expecting a result here, but would anyone have any ideas on where this photo might have been taken?

spacer.png

a little context, I’m guessing its 1973

Date sounds right. Place, I dunno. 

But I do know who the band is. Saw 'em live, and they were rather good. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Date sounds right. Place, I dunno. 

But I do know who the band is. Saw 'em live, and they were rather good. 

My brother is a bit of an obsessive over them, he’s in contact with a couple of them and recently sourced them a load of UK gig photos they hadn’t seen before.

Tricky band to google search on office kit.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

My brother is a bit of an obsessive over them, he’s in contact with a couple of them and recently sourced them a load of UK gig photos they hadn’t seen before. 

Did he have any from Leeds Poly? 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Did he have any from Leeds Poly? 

Doesn’t ring a bell, but I tend to drift after the first hour of monologue.

I think he got hold of a bunch of originals of a couple of gigs in South Wales, they played the Porthcawl Pavilion, which is weirdly random.

• Like 1

Â