VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Michael Putland took the photo, he was British, they are Californian. The architecture looks American, based on guesses, clothing etc, New York or Boston, or even Chicago. 

Cheers. The Michael Putland link is a weird one. The office of Putland are spectacularly stand offish and refuse to engage in any communication.

But from the photo’s on the webpage, that image is credited to June’s facebook… so there might be another route…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Cheers. The Michael Putland link is a weird one. The office of Putland are spectacularly stand offish and refuse to engage in any communication.

But from the photo’s on the webpage, that image is credited to June’s facebook… so there might be another route…

I did a search for Mother's Pride sign and a number of large US cities and nothing was returned. For me it's not right for it to be UK and a different photographer followed them round on their 73 UK tour. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I did a search for Mother's Pride sign and a number of large US cities and nothing was returned. For me it's not right for it to be UK and a different photographer followed them round on their 73 UK tour. 

Mother's Pride is a British brand not American

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I agree, but that sort of signage, maybe in London, but the buildings don't look right. Could be though. 

Yep, still looks like America to me. And I don't recall MP bread ever using that style of advertising (neon, font, etc.) 

10 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I agree, but that sort of signage, maybe in London, but the buildings don't look right. Could be though. 

I think the buildings do look right, look at the fire escape, American fire escapes don't look like that, they usually have a platform each floor

• Like 1

Based on tours etc, the date that picture was taken. They finished their 72 tour in Manchester 2 days before that picture was taken. They didn't seem to play live until they joined the Slade tour a couple of weeks later. My money is on Manchester or London. They had no reason to go elsewhere. 

On the photography contacts, a correction: Putland’s were lovely but disorganised with lots of clearly wrong dates, it was David Bailey’s people that were rude to the point of being aggressive. 

@Xann of all the stuff for you to potentially contribute, I didn’t expect it to be a link to Hovis’s facebook page.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

... of all the stuff for you to potentially contribute, I didn’t expect it to be a link to Hovis’s facebook page.

It'll make some old employee's day :)

Just don't start the post with 'I'm a fan of Fanny'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Same shoot, October 72. Members are wearing same clothes and by Putland as well. 

american-allfemale-rock-group-fanny-duri

Terrible split second face on Jean, there. 

That does look more British. Manchester, perhaps? 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

I heard a Richard Ashcroft song this morning, the opening line was, hopefully intentionally, a rip off of a Motown line sung to the same tune, I thought that's maybe the worst song I will hear this year. Just heard a song by Miles Kane on Sunday Brunch. Someone must be buying this stuff but I thought his career began and ended with the Last Shadow Puppets. Anyway, I just don't get how something so bad, to me and in my opinion, gets released. 

For reference it's this song and it's mainly his vocals I can't get past. 

Edited by Seat68

Wobbly bass, unusual sample palette, nice vocal, great hook and well structured.

Been a little disappointed by K-Pop for a good few years, but will be surprised to hear a better Pop tune from anywhere in 2022.

52 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m the other side of the country, so my missus had to answer the door for it. I’ve told her thanks, but don’t open it just in case they’ve put some sort of silly incorrect receipt in there…

Oop. Cat's out the bag.

This is sort of likely to happen quite a lot, no? :)

• Like 1

Â