FA Youth Cup Semi-Final vs West Brom (14th May 18:00)

OutByEaster?

Harvey Elliot's contract at Blackburn goes until the 31st of May. Wonder if they'll try and get him back for this game and if they are allowed to?

1 minute ago, av1 said:

How good are the Liverpool kids? Do we have a good chance of winning the final?

They’ll probably find a loophole to start Salah, Mane, Wijnaldum and Allison so they’re not a bad side.

• Haha 2

Just now, sne said:

Harvey Elliot's contract at Blackburn goes until the 31st of May. Wonder if they'll try and get him back for this game and if they are allowed to?

Good question that!

I blummin hope not!

I think I say it after every youth game I watch but seriously if at the very least a couple of these don't make it and have good careers then just shut the academy down because there's no hope. 

We all like to get excited over youth players coming through, probably a bit too much in the past but the quality in this current batch is serious. 

• Like 3

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Good question that!

I blummin hope not!

Would that be allowed? Wouldn’t he registered with Blackburn until then 

2 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

I like to think i'm not the type that gets carried away, but I see our own Class of '92 in this group. 

Yeah and me

Which is why despite the calls to send them out on loan or let them break through I also think there is a lot of benefit for keeping the gang together for as long as possible, let them enjoy it together, they'll retain the bond in the 1st team 

Can see at least 3 of them making it and being very good for us, Barry Chuk and Kesler plus then another couple getting games and another couple it going either way 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I think I say it after every youth game I watch but seriously if at the very least a couple of these don't make it and have good careers then just shut the academy down because there's no hope. 

We all like to get excited over youth players coming through, probably a bit too much in the past but the quality in this current batch is serious. 

I'm fairly confident these lads will end up having better careers than the team that played the 2010 final. Derrick Williams is surely enjoying life in LA though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Youth_Cup_Finals_of_the_2010s#2009–10:_Chelsea_vs_Aston_Villa_(1–1_and_2–1,_3–2_aggregate)

4 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'm fairly confident these lads will end up having better careers than the team that played the 2010 final. Derrick Williams is surely enjoying life in LA though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Youth_Cup_Finals_of_the_2010s#2009–10:_Chelsea_vs_Aston_Villa_(1–1_and_2–1,_3–2_aggregate)

I will say that looking at the lineups from clubs in recent years that more players are making it from the winning teams. Standards are higher across the board.

4 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

That wiki page makes for depressing reading, not just the villa vs Chelsea game I flicked through some of the other games too and me saying that at least 3 will make it maybe 2 or 3 more as well it would buck the trend

So many players that play this final, win this final and then disappear 

What Chelsea did to youth football over the last decade is embarrassing, absolutely dominated it and yet no one really broke through and stuck in there