Midweek Football 26/29 April

andykeenan

Poch believing the press, that his wins over them with Spurs had a tactical masterclass aspect to it, rather than loads of luck.

PSG have way more than that in them. I'd love to know what Tuchel makes of all this these days or some of the PSG players.

Foden is some player. Closest player in the modern game to Iniesta IMO.

KDB was the star performer, and Gundogan was class, but that performance from Foden age 20 was a sign of some special years ahead. Love to see him linking up with Grealish for England.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Foden is some player. Closest player in the modern game to Iniesta IMO.

KDB was the star performer, and Gundogan was class, but that performance from Foden age 20 was a sign of some special years ahead. Love to see him linking up with Grealish for England.

Feels like Foden has really kicked on last six months. Was probably a perception back in September he was still another Jack Wilshere type hype merchant but he's got it all imo, touch, gliding past opponents and decent composure infront of goal. Really think he can be England's best technical talent in final third since Rooney in the long run.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Feels like Foden has really kicked on last six months. Was probably a perception back in September he was still another Jack Wilshere type hype merchant but he's got it all imo, touch, gliding past opponents and decent composure infront of goal. Really think he can be England's best technical talent in final third since Rooney in the long run.

If being critical he did miss 2 good chances (very special player though).

I've got a feeling he'll be better for Manchester City than he will for England.   Strikes me as a guy with impeccable technique but needs others to be on his wavelength to really make things happen.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

I've got a feeling he'll be better for Manchester City than he will for England.   Strikes me as a guy with impeccable technique but needs others to be on his wavelength to really make things happen.  

Are you suggesting Eric Dier won't be up to that job?! 

• Haha 3

Foden looks better than the likes of Alli, Wilshere when they broke through. At City he should be less at risk of plateauing and then declining like several other young English players have done once signing a big money deal. 
He could be a real superstar.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

Foden looks better than the likes of Alli, Wilshere when they broke through. At City he should be less at risk of plateauing and then declining like several other young English players have done once signing a big money deal. 

Yep, same as always the real test is what happens to him when he gets his first 6 figure weekly pay check, then gets some niggly injuries 

Its got the better of way too many young English players, latest one is probably callum hudson odoi, mad that he got £100k a week a Chelsea rather than joining bayern 

But foden at Man City has everything pointing to being immune to that, hopefully Bellingham moving out or dortmund sees him push on through it all too

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Never mind the Super League, the day Man City win the Champions League is the day football truly dies.

That day will be this season and it's thoroughly depressing.

When Man City the plucky underdogs beat Real Madrid... 

David vs Goliath clichés etc it will be unbearable

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

What gets me is with rave about all these great players from other counties when we have so much talent in this country. Foden, Grealish and Mount to name a few.  Once again the Premier League has shown its way ahead of the other leagues in europe. We could still get a Real Madrid vs PSG but I doubt it.  Its ironic that at one time they used to go on about how our players aren't as technically as gifted as other players now we are produces so many technically gifted players. 

Edited by PaulC

This generation feels different from the golden generation, less bickering and more of a group, more positive, less superstars, more willingness to go abroad and play football rather than sit on a top 4 bench 

The golden generation felt to me like a team of brilliant PL players in a global competition where they didn't play PL football and we came undone - Steven Gerrard for example did not play football like Spains all conquering side did - this group feels like they have more about them than that 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

Been watching Villareal strolling through Arsenal as I expected.

What the hell is happening at old Trafford though, Roma used 3 subs before half time?!

Great for them they've got the away goals but considering they have quite an old 11 their intensity will probably dip late on so Man. United could still win 3-2 or something.

7 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Never mind the Super League, the day Man City win the Champions League is the day football truly dies.

That day will be this season and it's thoroughly depressing.

That happened when chelsea bought it years ago. Man City or PSG doing it would not be new. Artificial big clubs.

• Like 1

Watching Robbie Savage commentate on a United game is just like being sat next to an idiot in a United shirt, who's half cut and stinking of cheese and onion crisps and has only ever watched one game before. 

Neutral he ain't.

• Like 1

Â