Weekends Football 23/25 April t

andykeenan

Just now, SuperTed said:

Do you think they’ll improve under a new manager next season or will continue to slip down the table?

It's a tricky one as Coady and Boly will be incredibly exposed if the next manager goes to 4atb (not that they've looked good today in the usual 3). Getting Jimenez back will help them at the other end though.

They've hit the wall though in terms of upward progress like we did a decade though.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Traore has just smacked Cork in the face, in a Melee.

Not going to end well is it? Wouldn't mind a drop kick to Ben Mee's knee... mind.

If Mee tried that tackle on Traore he might actually injure himself :D 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If England bring Coady and Dier to the Euros then they better pray they dont get injuries. Pickford Coady and Dier could be the worst defensive 3 in the tournament :D  

Have to be honest aswell, Mings is also the sort who'll do a terrible error at some point. Seen it with some of the backpasses recently. Bizarre Konsa has just been ignored last 6 months given his form.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Have to be honest aswell, Mings is also the sort who'll do a terrible error at some point. Seen it with some of the backpasses recently.

I think all the England centre backs have an error in them, Stones, Maguire, Mings, Keane but them 4 are miles better than Coady and Dier not to mention Konsa

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Fixed, glad you said like, but I agree we need that option just in a better guise.

A player of that ilk definitely gives us option to change our approach, or tactics mid game.

I wonder whether Wood is at his level with Burnley, or if he can kick up a notch with a better team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

A player of that ilk definitely gives us option to change our approach, or tactics mid game.

I wonder whether Wood is at his level with Burnley, or if he can kick up a notch with a better team.

Two years left on his deal so he won't be signing a new one in a hurry.

We need to find a striker who in short run takes Davis place on the bench and DS actually trusts to regularly put on after 65 minutes and start the odd game which he simply dosen't with the existing option.

Striker like Wood would chip in with goals as season goes on although probably not from corners as we're certainly not as good as Burnley at them. Can't remember the last time we scored from one like the Burnley 3rd, just whipped in to six yard box and someone just heads it in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I think Wood might be at his level now, he is nearly 30 but is a good player. Maybe Wesley could be that guy for us

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Personally think he just has a super good game every now and then but overall maybe not good enough for what we are trying to achieve. Davis should be able to do this job and sort of does a little except for one great big thing that's very important.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think Wood might be at his level now, he is nearly 30 but is a good player. Maybe Wesley could be that guy for us

Wes has the build for it but I think he's more of a player player, could be coached in to him though.

45 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Chris Wood is one of most underrated strikers in premier league.

I'd be happy signing him in the summer.

Yeah I've said it before, I've always liked him and I think he would be brilliant for us. I think a lot of fans wouldn't like it, but with the way we play he would be very effective for us.

Â