Weekends Football 23/25 April t

andykeenan

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

City battered us that night, and scored again after the very dubious first one. 
70% possession and 28 shots.

What team don't they do that against?

We could have took the lead that game was it not for Dias heroics clearing off the line as well.

I could add Man Utd to that list. They were clinging on against us.

As I said we've not shamed ourselves Vs the bigger sides.

It's games against Sheff Utd, Burnley and Leeds (especially) where we really haven't performed. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d assumed the 8,000 fans would be spread out around the entire stadium. Strange they are fairly confined to 1 part

Another example of covid restrictions that are theatre rather than actually of any benefit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

What team don't they do that against?

We could have took the lead that game was it not for Dias heroics clearing off the line as well.

I could add Man Utd to that list. They were clinging on against us.

As I said we've not shamed ourselves Vs the bigger sides.

It's games against Sheff Utd, Burnley and Leeds (especially) where we really haven't performed. 

If you think conceding 28 shots in a game is a decent performance then it reinforces my point.

As a club we’re comfortable with not being competitive against a lot of the big teams and just rolling over.

”almost scoring” etc is the small club mentality I was talking about. 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Another example of covid restrictions that are theatre rather than actually of any benefit.

Remember the travel arrangements at Wembley. It’s not just the spread of the people, it’s in the concourses and on the trains and tubes around London that would cause the bigger problem than where they’re sat outdoors in the stands.

Edited by a m ole

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Remember the travel arrangements at Wembley. It’s not just the spread of the people, it’s in the concourses and on the trains and tubes around London that would cause the bigger problem than where they’re sat outdoors in the stands.

Travel is a fair point. Spreading them out more outside spreads them out more in the concourses, though!

Â