Weekends Football 23/25 April t

andykeenan

6 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

I mean I get Son being gutted, but crying? They were never in the game?

He probably wants a move aswell so last chance to win something. Big fan but he was really poor, Lucas Moura was only Spurs player with any drive or skill once he got on the ball.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Sterling is having his usual three month spell of finishing like Lee Mack (look up his finishing in the last Soccer Aid match).

Bad from Southgate if he starts at the euros as that will be yet another reputation over actual form selection from England in major tournament.

I dont think he should even make the squad on current form

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjaacckk91 said:

I mean I get Son being gutted, but crying? They were never in the game?

He needs the attention as usual, Son loves a good cry. A prick but people like him because he cries like when he gets red cards

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I think their technical ability makes it a foregone conclusion. Foden is 5 foot nothing to paraphrase Tim Sherwood, but his touch is immaculate and you just can't get the ball off him. Ditto for the other 10 players including the damn goalkeeper and you find yourself in a game where your opposition doesn't make any mistakes, pressing them is pretty much pointless as they'll just play around it. It's so boring to watch. At least Pep's Barcelona had some generational players + 1 GOAT to make it more exciting.

Man United have found a way of beating them. They dont just back off them they press high but maybe you need the right type of players to be able to do it.  Liverpool were able to do it in previous seasons. The champions league semi against PSG will be a fascinating watch. 

Edited by PaulC

20 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Man United have found a way of beating them. They dont just back off them they press high but maybe you need the right type of players to be able to do it.  Liverpool were able to do it in previous seasons. The champions league semi against PSG will be a fascinating watch. 

pace is usually what beats them, Liverpool have it, United play James when they play City and even Spurs started Bergwijn when they comfortably beat City earlier in the season

Mbappe if fit could be trouble 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Son has been great this year, was he anything special in previous years? He’s always been alright but I’m not sure he could really say he should be at a much better side.

16/17- 21 goals (14 in league)

17/18- 18 goals (12 in league)

18/19- 20 goals (14 in league)

19/20- 18 goals (11 in league)

Generally solid but yeah always seems like he scores more than he actually does in prem.

Still though I'd have him over Rashford if they were both at Man. United and he could work at Liverpool aswell with how they play.

Get the feeling though he's happy living in London and being a key player rather than just squad/rotation role so think it's a little different to Kane but only two years left on his deal so a few clubs will be making enquiries I suspect, Bayern Munich were linked the other week although they're overflowing with wide players.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

16/17- 21 goals (14 in league)

17/18- 18 goals (12 in league)

18/19- 20 goals (14 in league)

19/20- 18 goals (11 in league)

Generally solid but yeah always seems like he scores more than he actually does in prem.

Still though I'd have him over Rashford if they were both at Man. United and he could work at Liverpool aswell with how they play.

Get the feeling though he's happy living in London and being a key player rather than just squad/rotation role so think it's a little different to Kane but only two years left on his deal so a few clubs will be making enquiries I suspect, Bayern Munich were linked the other week although they're overflowing with wide players.

Maybe hes not a prolific goal scorer but he's scored a lot of important goals. Must be the best player to come out of South Korea. 

Edited by PaulC

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Maybe hes not a prolific goal scorer but he's scored a lot of important goals. Must be the best player to come out of South Korea. 

I don't know, 20 goals a season is pretty prolific for a wide player, especially one who has to share with Harry Kane.

Â