Weekends Football 23/25 April t

andykeenan

15 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Not really. My point was that the way we started this season, we should be miles above Wolves given how shit they are.

We aren't certain to take another point this season never mind the 2 games in hand and even if we do, we still won't be far above them. 

For a season that promised so much, it really hasn't delivered a great deal.

They were 2 points ahead of us after this game at the start of December:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55039201

Pretty sure their start to the season was their best ever in top flight in recent times and they only really got bad after losing Jimenez and we had our purple patch in December.

Interesting we were only 10th back then despite winning our first four.

Edited by VillaChris

25 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

We aren't certain to take another point this season never mind the 2 games in hand and even if we do, we still won't be far above them. 

Wow. You really think it's likely we won't take a single point from our next seven games? 

If we win tonight we'll be six points ahead of them with a much better goal difference while they have five games to play. Win tonight and they'd need to win two and draw one of their five remaining games to finish above us, even if we didn't gain another point.

• Like 3

I don;t think Brizzle City have won a single game since lansbury turned up.

They were 2-0 up today against Luton, now losing 2-3

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Not really. My point was that the way we started this season, we should be miles above Wolves given how shit they are.

For a season that promised so much, it really hasn't delivered a great deal.

Can't just be happy to finish above them? 

Them who went in to the season with expectations of European football and us after surviving on the last day went in with low expectations 

We finish above them and somehow its still poor? Not having that 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

That ball from Lindelof was so good. Dunno why Rashford has been below par this season

Busy being a politician/personality

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

That ball from Lindelof was so good. Dunno why Rashford has been below par this season

I think he's been comparatively poor, both in terms of his own form and then also the likes of foden, grealish etc

Sterling is the same 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think he's been comparatively poor, both in terms of his own form and then also the likes of foden, grealish etc

Sterling is the same 

I’ve watched him a few times this year and he’s been poor, clearly very low on confidence.

Then I look and see he’s got 20 goals in all competitions this season already.

Goes go show how you’re pretty much guaranteed goals with good players around you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Would anyone at all be surprised if Leeds stole a win here? I know I wouldn't.

Leeds don’t play like a small team, they don’t give the opposition huge amounts of respect like we do. And we end up collapsing more often than not, rather than stealing a win.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Leeds don’t play like a small team, they don’t give the opposition huge amounts of respect like we do. And we end up collapsing more often than not, rather than stealing a win.

Spot on. It's infuriating!

10 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Would anyone at all be surprised if Leeds stole a win here? I know I wouldn't.

If they were playing us they'd be guaranteed a penalty/injury time winner :(

Manure I mean

Edited by rjw63
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

If they were playing us they'd be guaranteed a penalty/injury time winner :(

Manure I mean

Mainly because we’d have everyone behind the ball in our own penalty area now, defending wave after wave of United attack trying to see out a 0-0 draw against a “big team”.

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Can't just be happy to finish above them? 

Them who went in to the season with expectations of European football and us after surviving on the last day went in with low expectations 

We finish above them and somehow its still poor? Not having that 

They are having an awful season. We absolutely SHOULD finish abover them. My point was that it's a damned shame it's even close. The way we started it looked like we would be doing much much better.

Â