Breakaway League

Jareth

There's no way Klopp would say that haha. He'll just be neutral on it and say it's above him. 

My main fear right now is that the government stop this and things just carry on as normal without any punishment for these clubs.

14 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

If it goes ahead, and the 6 teams stay in the PL then it'll be interesting to see what competition(s) the managers prioritise. Do they risk supporter wrath by making 10 changes for Villa away because they've got a "Big Game" against Barca on Wednesday, or do they keep a strong side out, risk the Barca game and annoy the owner? Would the PL be more inclined to take sanctions against one of them making changes en masse?

Either way, if they want to go and take part in a self-fellating contest then let them, but they don't get to still play in the domestic league. One of the most annoying parts for me was "we want to play each other and make more money, but dont worry - we'll still prop you little uns up by playing in your little competition too." Go **** yourselves.

They'd play weakened sides for Prem fixtures.

Liverpool fans are terrified that Klopp will walk.

Caught between two different disappointments - that he's either one of them, just as they imagined but this means he'll leave and they'll lose him or that he's a corporate shill like every other manager, but at least he'll stay.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

There's talk of Schalke being invited to join.

Schalke.

18th in the Bundesliga.

Out of 18.

I saw what looked like a fake news article about that this morning. If its real, blimey. 

• Like 1

Sounds like the government might actually knock this square on its head, for once. Brexit legislation will essentially stop other teams entering UK if they're not playing sanctioned matches. Mekkah United - Abu Dhabi City is the next game between city and united. 

Edited by magnkarl

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Sounds like the government might actually knock this square on its head, for once. Brexit legislation will essentially stop other teams entering UK if they're not playing sanctioned matches. Medinah United - Abu Dhabi City is the next game between city and united. 

Am I right in thinking that at the moment they've just committed to a fan led review of football, or is there something more tangible running alongside that process?

Stupid things keep occurring to me - we'll be putting our season tickets on sale in a month or so - how on earth do you set pricing for this with no idea who will be in the league, whether it'll be worth watching or even how many games there will be, or which days we'll be restricted to playing on?

It's ridiculous.

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Kick them all out. Void relegation for Fulham wba and sheff utd promote norwich and Watford.  Then have a play offs for last spot

Thats what id do

Agreed, but we would still need 3 more.....

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Am I right in thinking that at the moment they've just committed to a fan led review of football, or is there something more tangible running alongside that process?

He said they will implement actions alongside the review, review work permits, high taxes and push competition laws. Essentially it's the first time I've seen the commons be so united since ww2.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Think they will only act if the FA and Prem can't.

• Like 1

Â