Weekends Football 12/14 March

andykeenan

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes but this is March and Bielsa's teams run out of steam by this stage of the season. 

Well let's see at the end of the season. I'll say it now - I reckon Leeds will catch us up and overtake us by the time the last ball is kicked.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not watched the game but the stats suggest Chelsea have battered Leeds.

They had more of the ball but it was probably around even on decent chances. They certainly didn't batter them, not the impression I've come away with after watching anyway.

The striker-less formation just seemed to cause everything to slow down too much when there was a chance to break and Chelsea were very wary of being countered themselves. Werner came on but nothing really changed, Leeds probably had the better of it after that. 

As has been mentioned very strange move Giroud not being involved as they are notoriously bad form set-plays etc, I think he would have completely dominated their CBs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Well let's see at the end of the season. I'll say it now - I reckon Leeds will catch us up and overtake us by the time the last ball is kicked.

I dont think so myself. We get Grealish back and we will have a late burst.

13 minutes ago, est1874 said:

We are 5 points ahead with a game in hand and +14 in goal difference

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We are 5 points ahead with a game in hand and +14 in goal difference

I am aware of that. We also have to play Spurs, Liverpool, Citeh, Everton and United all within our next 6 games. How many points are you expecting from those? Because realistically I'm expecting 1 or 2 at best.

Fairly impressive first half from a Bayern Mûnich playing at maybe 70% ability against a Werder Bremen featuring Rashica.

2-0 Bayern who have been dominant and who if they wanted to could run away with it in the 2nd half. They control the game completely and as soon as Bremen tries to put the ball in a dangerous area the instantly have at least 3 guys closing them down and stripping them of the ball. Impressive.

Lewandowski has not scored yet and since he's gunning for Gerd Mûllers' 40 goal in a season Bundesliga record I expect him to get a few. Guy has 31 already this season.

Rashica has been fairly anonymous but so has every other Bremen player.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

I am aware of that. We also have to play Spurs, Liverpool, Citeh, Everton and United all within our next 6 games. How many points are you expecting from those? Because realistically I'm expecting 1 or 2 at best.

In their 10 remaining games Leeds have still got to play Spurs, Liverpool, City and United.

Of their last 8 games they’ve beaten only Southampton (who were in the middle of a run of 8 league games without a win) and Palace without Zaha. Within that 8 game run they’ve managed to lose to us without Grealish.

We look to have run out of steam a bit but we’re hardly the only team in the league in that position.

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The Premier League is now the most boring league in the world. 

It's awful recently. At the beginning of the season it was excellent with really high scoring games. Weird how it's gone. 

• Like 2

Â