Weekends Football 12/14 March

andykeenan

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If that happened in the middle of the pitch it would be a foul.

Remember Targett on Kyle Walker Peters in the lead up to Southampton's first goal at VP? Almost identical. Got the cross away but Targett's follow through caught him and they got a free kick.

It almost feels like one of those unwritten rules as follow throughs after the shot are next to never given as penalties. 

Further inconsistency.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think he's done a pretty good job here - maybe let a few things go, but got most things right.

Generally. It's a joke that he's our best.

Thought Kane and Hojbjerg were both lucky not to see yellow, Lamela could have had two before half time, the final one was soft, but he could have had half a dozen yellow cards in that game. I thought Arsenal thoroughly deserved it. Spurs have scored an absolutely beautiful goal and won nothing - which is very Spurs.

Now if they can just pick up a couple more knocks against Zagreb in the week, that'd be great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

They will surely put in Aurier v us, Doherty been woeful today and simply can't play in a back 4.

Its like everybody saw this at the time, Aurier isnt that much better

35 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Michael Oliver is so so poor.

Isnt he known as the best Premier League referee or he was when Clattenburg left, he is disgraceful every time I see him

Just now, Zatman said:

Its like everybody saw this at the time, Aurier isnt that much better

Aurier is better driving forward. Sometimes aimless but he can push teams back just charging forward all the time so will remain big problem us getting up the pitch while Jack is out.

We've just got to play with our brains a bit more next week. No parking defence on the halfway line to give likes of Moura 30/40 yards clear space to run behind which he did in the VP game last season.

Son being out will be big boost for us as easier to isolate Kane then.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I can't see Spurs beating City in the league cup and if they finish outside the top 6 I think Mourinho's days could be numbered.

Think Pochetino and hid dtaff cost about 50 millions to get rid of, Mourinho would be similar. Levy will look more ridiculous than he is if it has to be done 

Â