Weekends Football 12/14 March

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I can't see Spurs beating City in the league cup and if they finish outside the top 6 I think Mourinho's days could be numbered.

Spurs badly need CL income so he'd be sacked pretty quickly I reckon.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I can't see them getting Champions league now - Chelsea have conceded two goals in their last ten league games and one of those was an own goal - they're not going to drop enough points for Spurs to catch them.

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The answer to a hole in the finances probably isn’t giving your manager £10-15m payoff plus the other other staff, then attracting a new manager and back room team with money (because any top coach won’t be keen to come to a non-CL team). 

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I can't see them getting Champions league now - Chelsea have conceded two goals in their last ten league games and one of those was an own goal - they're not going to drop enough points for Spurs to catch them.

They can get in by winning europa, Mourinho won it in exact same scenario in 16/17 when Man. United were well off the top 4 that year and finished 6th.

Still wouldn't rule him out doing that.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

They can get in by winning europa, Mourinho won it in exact same scenario in 16/17 when Man. United were well off the top 4 that year and finished 6th.

Still wouldn't rule him out doing that.

True enough - they've definitely got that in the locker.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

The answer to a hole in the finances probably isn’t giving your manager £10-15m payoff plus the other other staff, then attracting a new manager and back room team with money (because any top coach won’t be keen to come to a non-CL team). 

Worked out for Chelsea o.k. They'd be where Spurs are now if Lampard had stayed in so the gamble paid off.

They also sacked Poch when they were similar position off top 4 I think. It will be end of season rather than now anyway as europa is still huge and realistic for them to win.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Worked out for Chelsea o.k. They'd be where Spurs are now if Lampard had stayed in so the gamble paid off.

They also sacked Poch when they were similar position off top 4 I think. It will be end of season rather than now anyway as europa is still huge and realistic for them to win.

Yeah, it’s a gamble. Chelsea are run less like a business that Spurs. 

Lampard wasn’t sacked to balance the books, it was because Roman is impatient.

If Spurs are staring down the barrel of cost savings due to missing out on CL football sacking Jose wouldn’t be a good move. They might still do it if they think he’s not getting the best out of the squad though. 

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, it’s a gamble. Chelsea are run less like a business that Spurs. 

Lampard wasn’t sacked to balance the books, it was because Roman is impatient.

If Spurs are staring down the barrel of cost savings due to missing out on CL football sacking Jose wouldn’t be a good move. They might still do it if they think he’s not getting the best out of the squad though. 

Still got the new stadium to pay for and that wasn't built to run on europa league income. Arsenal have found that out to their cost last few years and they've been at Emirates 15 years now so should be a massive cash cow for them.

Won't be any American football played there this year either and that was major coup for them to get given how popular the Wembley hosted games are.

And if they miss out surely Harry Kane can't be content just playing out his career in the europa league and winning little.

Big few weeks ahead for Mourinho. He will have to go off managing national teams for future jobs if he dosen't get it right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Moyes get very very defensive vs bigger teams. has 7 defensive players starting tonight

He's just trying to do what he did in the cup, strangle life out of the game and get a 0-0. Man. United well on top so far.

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's just trying to do what he did in the cup, strangle life out of the game and get a 0-0. Man. United well on top so far.

Obviously Lingard cant play which gives them less attacking options. Job done so far for West Ham. If they can keep it 0-0 late on I fancy they might snatch it. 

2 hours ago, penguin said:

It almost feels like one of those unwritten rules as follow throughs after the shot are next to never given as penalties. 

Further inconsistency.

It's the same situation as Gabby's penalty in the Blues derby years ago.   Johnson or Dann got the ball and took out Gabby with momentum.   The ball was still in play because it was a weak touch and Gabby would have gotten to it if the defender hadn't taken him out.   Similarly, Lacazette would have gotten to the ball if Sanchez hadn't knocked him over.  It was the correct call.

I’m actually perplexed that the Arsenal penalty is controversial. Doesn’t matter that he fluffed his shot, he was clearly fouled in the penalty area. It’s the easiest decision Oliver will make all season. 

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Obviously Lingard cant play which gives them less attacking options. Job done so far for West Ham. If they can keep it 0-0 late on I fancy they might snatch it. 

He could've had Benrahama floating off Antonio or something and Bowen still wide.

22 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Should really get a ban for that.

Kane has been doing shit like this all season and is never flagged up by the media, the backing into players when jumping will get somebody hurt badly as well plus his diving

an absolute piece of shit scumbag

• Like 3

Â