Midweek Football 1/4 March

andykeenan

1 minute ago, useless said:

I watched the first half and for all the issues of exaggerated flattery from the commentary team I didn't think that Man City played that well.

I've been impressed with them

They make football look so simple you wonder why no one else can play 10 yard passes this quickly, also doing a ton off the ball out of possession, not a huge amount of tackling just great tracking and positioning leading to winning the ball

All that said final 3rd they're making hard work of it, Jesus is a squad player and aguero is finished, they need a world class striker 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Again... Traore didn't have a clue what to do there other than blast it at goal... 

His movement for that counterbwas horrendous too 

His movement made me laugh. Was just jogging straight ahead like the ball was 20 yards behind him instead of the fact that he was getting in Moutinho's way. It was like 5 on 3 and he completely ruined it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Wolves going to be much tougher game for us than a few weeks back.

Got that tough to beat mentality again.

Would be very happy with a point provided we get 3 from Sheffield United.

Man CIty looked good first half, but Wolves made it so easy for them, City should have taken more of an advantage. This game kind of reminds me of Albion's draw with Liverpool, when it was easy for Liverpool, but they only had themselves to blame when they didn't win.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Would be very happy with a point provided we get 3 from Sheffield United.

Very confident we'll beat Newcastle so yes a point v Wolves wouldn't be end of the world but would be fantastic to get all 9 and we're capable of that if we play really well in Wolves game.

As first touches go that was a shit one... 

But that's what I meant earlier about city, twice in that goal, its not really strong tackling it's great positioning and work rate in the press to make winning the ball back look easy

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Jesus is a squad player and aguero is finished, they need a world class striker 

They seem to be doing reasonably well without one 😁

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

They seem to be doing reasonably well without one 😁

yeah, what man city really need to do is get better...

im almost hoping they do get messi 😂 just dont get haaland, they could finally dominate the PL for 3/4 years if not longer if they got haaland

Â