Midweek Football 1/4 March

andykeenan

---------Rice----Henderson---------

Sterling-------Foden-------Grealish

But that Sterling/Foden/Grealish line is ridiculously competitive - you could add Sancho, Mount, Maddison, Barnes, Rashford, Hudson-Odoi, Dele All, Greenwood, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lingaard, Saka, Smith-Rowe or even Ross flipping Barkley.

That's sixteen players for those three positions and I've probably forgotten three more.

The worst I can do is:

Oxlade-Chamberlain----Barkley-----Lingaard

We'd need thirteen injuries to get to that and it'd probably cost you the thick end of £100m.

English depth in attacking midfield is bonkers.

We have the talent up top to play several different ways, we have players who can help the poor defence by pressing high, we have players who can help the poor defence by keeping possession

But we have a manager who will help the poor defence by playing another poor defender and then playing kick and rush

We could win it with a good manager and some luck 

• Like 1

I’m watching Huddersfield-Cardiff (no, really) in the hope that Huddersfield might win to put some pressure on that lot down the road. Still 0-0, and neither side can have any complaints about that. Not exactly fireworks. And, Mick McCarthy is looking kind of old, but in a different way. He looks like he’s transitioning. To Larry David. 

7 minutes ago, El Zen said:

And Huddersfield miss a penalty. Put it a foot wide of the post. 

Yep, small heath luck surely must run out soon

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Yep, small heath luck surely must run out soon

Not yet. Terriers have since missed two absolute sitters should have been comfortably out of sight.

• Sad 1

Â