General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

2 hours ago, luckyeddie said:

I think you can, but the wall has to stay 10 metres from the original place of the foul.

Or I might have dreamed it. Or it might be rugby laws.

Glad I could help.

Thats definitely made up, could move an indirect free kick if you wanted in that case

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Thats definitely made up, could move an indirect free kick if you wanted in that case

Your right, law 13 states

2. Procedure

All free kicks are taken from the place where the offence occurred.

it was rugby where you can bring a penalty back

6 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

You can’t just decide to take a free kick further back than the foul was awarded can you? That doesn’t seem right.

The handball was being checked for a penalty and was pretty close, then the free kick is allowed to be taken 5 yards back from a more advantageous position.

I'm fairly certain we did something similar recently? Sneakily moved the ball back a bit when the ref wasn't paying attention to help us get it up and over the wall. Or am I imaging things?

3 minutes ago, Hornso said:

I'm fairly certain we did something similar recently? Sneakily moved the ball back a bit when the ref wasn't paying attention to help us get it up and over the wall. Or am I imaging things?

Digne against manu.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

Well it shouldn't have been allowed then and it shouldn't have been allowed now, especially as I said it was being checked for a penalty so obviously very near the edge of the box.

11 hours ago, Hornso said:

Yes but the one yesterday was a VAR review for something on the edge of the box, if anything it makes a further mockery of VAR 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes but the one yesterday was a VAR review for something on the edge of the box, if anything it makes a further mockery of VAR 

It doesn't really, it's not in VAR's remit at all to tell the ref where the free kick should come from, nor is the free kick being taken from the wrong place something VAR corrects.

You'd think the ref would have been thinking "well it must have been closer than that", but it's in no way VAR's fault.

Austin Mcphee worked this out. He realised the ref measures 10 paces. That is shorter than 10 yards. He was wondering why we hit the wall so much. We were practicing with the wall at exactly 10 yards . The average pace is 30 inches so the average wall is 5 feet too close.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It doesn't really, it's not in VAR's remit at all to tell the ref where the free kick should come from, nor is the free kick being taken from the wrong place something VAR corrects.

You'd think the ref would have been thinking "well it must have been closer than that", but it's in no way VAR's fault.

Well VAR checked about a minute to see if it was in the box. Even if it wasnt the VAR fault for the free kick location they still look bad because the ref didnt move it

I wonder we would have got an apology if JWP scored that, might even ask for the game to be replayed 😂

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd have been so angry if that had gone in. As far as I could see our players weren't making the point either, which I found strange?

Cash was pointing at the spot but was getting ignored

15 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Jared Gillett shouldn't be reffing League 2, let alone Prem games. 

We've had him at least twice this season and in both games, he's been utterly pathetic. 

I hope he's not given another Villa game, ever. 

A quick Google and it turns out he had an absolute nightmare in the Championship a few weeks back. Ex refs came out and moaned about his performance

• Like 1

Not surprised. 

He seems to have a bit of an attitude about him, reminds me a bit of that other idiot Clattenburg. 

Something needs to be done because I heard the other week they earn around 70-100k a year. Now if I did a job on that wage and every week was questioned about my performance all the time, I'd be sacked. 

They don't have to do interviews or anything. It's like they are untocuahble and we are just meant accept shit decisions every single week. 

1 hour ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

We've had him at least twice this season and in both games, he's been utterly pathetic. 

But I heard he was the best a man can get?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Starting to think this is some sort of Aussie revenge for us sending Ross McCormack to them. Why else would you fly a ref that is this shit to the other side of the globe. The PL has enough useless refs that they don't need to import more of them from Australia.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Not surprised. 

He seems to have a bit of an attitude about him, reminds me a bit of that other idiot Clattenburg. 

Something needs to be done because I heard the other week they earn around 70-100k a year. Now if I did a job on that wage and every week was questioned about my performance all the time, I'd be sacked. 

They don't have to do interviews or anything. It's like they are untocuahble and we are just meant accept shit decisions every single week. 

They should pay them more...

They should make it a profession that ex youth foot ballers see as a viable career, make it younger better paid and more professional and people identified and trained specifically for the role from a young age like as soon as they're released from academies

Instead it's PE teachers with a gym pass

The guy today seemingly changed his mind on what a foul was at half time, another week with a ref who was booed by both sets of fans

• Like 3

Â