Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

Joined: Jan 26, 2021         Contract expires: Jun 30, 2025

https://www.transfermarkt.com/morgan-sanson/profil/spieler/174094

This has been just terrible business. 18M pissed away on a player who is useless. How do I know he is useless? Because two different coaching setups have ignored him even when desperate for midfielders.

Awful scouting, awful transfer. This one is on Lange & Purslow. They bought a dud and Deano was sucker enough to sign off on it.

Grats on the payout Morgan, I have no idea how we are going to shift a player who isnt even good enough to make the bench for the league cup these days.

Terrible transfer. 

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Looks like that social media msg Sanson dropped before Bournemouth was the last straw..

I’m sure that Insta post guaranteed he’d never play for Villa again, with previous bottle kickings against Arsenal and Man U in recent memory.

When asked publicly about such incidents, managers will typically say it’s no big deal, good to see players being passionate and so on. But what they really think is: disrespectful behaviour, get rid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Could be something in that. Club Dr's said to rest him another week. Sanson felt he was fit.  That would mean posting what he did in social media, effectively making Gerrard look like the villain, wouldn't go down well.

This contradicts what Gerrard said about him being professional,  but then Gerrard's refusal to pick him contradicts what Gerrard said about him training well.

So ultimately, none has a clue why he's not being played,  and one or both of them are probably lying.

I had no idea there had been a reason offered as to why Sanson wasn't in the squad GW1. Interesting.

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

He must be a complete arsehole behind the scenes as both Dean & Gerard seem to want nothing to do with him.

No way would Gerrard call him 'very professional' and state that he's 'training well' if that was the case.

28 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Everytime I've seen him play, even on the training ground he looks quality. It's one of the great mysteries of the world why he don't get game time.

Time for some super ITK, I know someone close to Hause, I'm getting the feelers out, see if I can get some info. Give me a week or 2. 😉

Subbed.

29 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Please stop peddling this lie. Deano didn’t ignore him. He was literally never fit during his tenure. 

He was 100% in his plans for 2021/22 because he was given the number 8 shirt. You don’t hand that out to someone who’s going to be bombed out. 

He was injured a lot, but also benched enough times by Smith to have a bottle kicking fit at the Emirates.

• Like 1

I am awaiting the inevitable posts how Sanson being a useless player who never works hard enough to get fit is somehow Gerrard's fault.

But hey silver lining, because he is so useless and lazy we wont be able to get rid of him so he will be here taking a wage packet and not playing long after Gerrard is gone. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

22 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I am awaiting the inevitable posts how Sanson being a useless player who never works hard enough to get fit is somehow Gerrard's fault.

But hey silver lining, because he is so useless and lazy we wont be able to get rid of him so he will be here taking a wage packet and not playing long after Gerrard is gone. 

You haven't responded to the fact he was injured for pretty much the duration of Dean's tenure.

So what seems a more likely reason for a player that has performed at the top of Ligue 1, played in the champions league and latter stages of the Europe league, and had very impressive pressing and passing stats prior to arriving at villa:

1) he is actually shit and Dean who oversaw the transfer regretted singing him and chose never to play him,  and Gerrard came to the same conclusion, despite his performances suggesting he's actually no worse (and probably better) than the current options we use

2) he was injured during Dean's reign and appears to have a personality clash with Gerrard,  hence he doesn't get a look in despite Gerrard saying publically that he has a chance.

3) some other scenario that is way more far fecthed than 2, but still more likely than 1

49 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Joined: Jan 26, 2021         Contract expires: Jun 30, 2025

https://www.transfermarkt.com/morgan-sanson/profil/spieler/174094

This has been just terrible business. 18M pissed away on a player who is useless. How do I know he is useless? Because two different coaching setups have ignored him even when desperate for midfielders.

Awful scouting, awful transfer. This one is on Lange & Purslow. They bought a dud and Deano was sucker enough to sign off on it.

Grats on the payout Morgan, I have no idea how we are going to shift a player who isnt even good enough to make the bench for the league cup these days.

Terrible transfer. 

I really struggle to to understand your point of view with all due respect.

I don’t believe their is a Villa fan who can give a full and Frank assessment of him, simply because he hasn’t played enough  minutes - what I will say with confidence is that the minutes he has played have shown him to be more than competent and without question worthy of more opportunities to prove his worth. 
I personally wouldn’t place a great deal of faith in Gerrard’s assessment of a player and I’m pretty sure he was injured for most of his time under Deano?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

No way would Gerrard call him 'very professional' and state that he's 'training well' if that was the case.

Of course, he'd just come out and say "good player, but he's a complete arsehole and no-one likes him." ;)

• Like 1

To have a struggling midfield which is clearly weak in kamara mcginn and Ramsey when Gerrard wants possesion based football makes the whole " Not trying sanson " even more crazy by the game.

So many fans have seen enough for him to get a chance the whole he must ve an arsehole and train badly when on the vids of training does he look.anything other than a good player.

Gerrard has omitted sanson and if he truly believes the midfield is fine he's more deluded than we thought.

Just give it ago Steve don't get the axe and be left wondering.

Steero had a very valid point Smith couldn't pick him due to Injuries its Gerrard that has chucked sanson on the rubbish heap and it truly dosnt make any sense when the midfielders picked cannot retain or move the ball.

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

One of them is useless and its not guy from France

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Of course, he'd just come out and say "good player, but he's a complete arsehole and no-one likes him." ;)

Well no, but you wouldn't use words like 'very'. You'd either not talk about it or say something like we need more from him. He just doesn't fancy him.

5 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

You guys have seen different games then. All of Sanson's cameos have looked lazy garbage to me followed by petulance then being dropped again. Lange , Purslow & Deano bought a dud. It happens but the idea Gerrard is in anyway to blame for this fiasco is ridiculous.

Baffling view

Don’t believe he’s shit but I do think Sanson’s reputation has been helped by not playing much.

He looks a tidy player but imo hasn’t shown that much either defensively or going forward. He likes to put a foot on the ball and look around but doesn’t take the initiative. Rarely involved in attacks and not many great passes, or ball recoveries.

Villa really could use tidy players in midfield but his passing stats actually aren’t that great compared to Douglas Luiz for example (although good compared to McGinn).

• Like 1

Â